Some analysts and experts predict that in the next few years, e-commerce will surpass 2 trillion dollars in terms of sales. No doubt, it is one of the fastest-growing industries in recent times, attracting more people and more people. However, when you check out your favorite online stores, the whole set up and process looks very complicated to you. However, this is not true. Setting up a custom e-commerce website is easy if you know the proper rules and make use of good web developers
One Year SEO Strategy for setting up a custom website
For a person who has no idea about setting up an e-commerce store from scratch, it’s almost impossible to comprehend how detailed and time-consuming it is. When we think about various e-commerce websites, it never occurs to us that someone had to craft the entire content on the website individually and load each and every item and product. He also had to negotiate with each and every manufacturer to list their products online.
Apart from all the technical aspects, there is also a huge need to create organic traffic for the new e-commerce website and all of this can be quite frustrating for a newbie. Hence given below are steps that one can follow to establish their own website with ease:
- Purchasing a Domain Name: The first work that needs to be done is purchasing a unique domain name for your website. This is a straightforward task. Using certain sites like GoDaddy can be useful if you want to purchase a cheap domain name.
- Find a good web developer: You cannot do everything on your own. You need a good web developer from a good website design and development company to launch your website in a short span of time. A professional will make your work easier. However, before hiring a web developer, make sure he has experience in developing e-commerce websites.
- Get all the legitimate paperwork done: Your e-commerce website cannot have a smooth start if you don’t complete all the legal paperwork. Getting hold of your vendor’s license and taking care of legal business is very important before starting a new website. Record all important details, payable taxes etc for future reference.
- Select the best e-commerce hosting platform: You’ll save a lot more time and expense if you select a popular e-commerce hosting platform before the launch of your own website. This will facilitate your entire process and speed it up to some extent.
- Finding the correct theme for your website: Finding the correct theme for your website is very important. Don’t plagiarise while selecting the theme. However, the theme shouldn’t be too loud or too dull. You can hire a good website design company for this process.
- Take your website Live: Before anything else, make sure you ask the web design agency to make the homepage of your website along with the “About Us ” page and the “Contact Us” page. It might not look beautiful but it must be informative and helpful. This will also help you in negotiating with your vendor.
- Make use of HARO: HARO or Help A Reporter Out is one of the most crucial tools for a digital marketer or a business owner. It can prove to be a game-changer in your life if you use it properly. This tool will help your website to get media coverage in it’s blooming stages.
- Using PitchBox: It is very important for an e-commerce website owner to develop a relationship with various media sources. Using Pitchbox you can easily connect to the people you want to reach. Pitchbox will also help you to scale your efforts to outreach.
- Personalize your outreach: The personalized relationship is very important when it comes to business. Therefore make sure you also personalize your outreach. This will aid in your website building process.
- Get a payment gateway: Getting hold of an approved payment method is not always easy. It is bound to take some time. Make sure you get a proper payment gateway before starting the real business.
- Cataloging for Social Media: Building an SEO presence is very important. You can promote your website, even before it’s complete through social media platforms or even google. Cataloging, therefore, is very important for increasing SEO presence on these websites.
- Packaging and Shipping: Make sure you take care of packaging and shipping options before starting out the real business. Your task of setting up will only be complete after everything has been finalized and running smoothly
For setting up your own website in a smooth manner, you need to do it methodically. One wrong decision can disrupt the entire process involved in the setup.