- People spend 3 times longer watching live video versus pre-recorded/non-live
- The number of videos posted per person in the US increased by 94%
- Videos have a 135% greater reach on average compared to photos
- Branded videos have a 148% greater organic reach than photos
- Facebook has an average of 8 billion video views daily
Obviously videos are important to a Facebook Marketing Strategy.
Earlier this year Facebook launched Live Video. Because of the amount of video views and interest additionally, due to the live video being preferred and being watched 3x more than other video Facebook changed its algorithm. Facebook stated that Live Videos will be considered a separate type of content and given more prominence in users news feed.
Vibhi Kant, Product Manager at Facebook stated on Facebook’s blog that: “We are making a small update to News Feed so that Facebook Live videos are more likely to appear higher in News Feed when those videos are actually live”
What is Facebook Live Video?
Facebook Live Videos allow users to share live streaming video via their smartphones/mobile devices. The feature is available to all Facebook Users with a Profile or Page.
While filming the Live Video the video will appear on your Page or Profile and also in the News Feeds of your Friends. A red “Live” will appear in the upper left corner of the video while it is live and you can also see the total number of current viewers.
After the live filming is completed the video will be published to your Page or Profile and can be watched at any time.
Why Facebook Live Video is Important
Streaming a Live Video on your Facebook Page will have the potential to reach more of your followers organically. The fact that people have been more likely to watch a branded (company) video increases your chances that your message will be viewed.
Sharing a Live Video can also classify you as an “influencer,” someone who most familiar with the industry or leader in the field. People tend to gravitate toward influencers, and it is important because:
- 92 percent of people trust recommendations from individuals (even if they don’t know them) over brands. (Source)
- 8 in 10 of the most influential people for teen audiences are YouTube stars. That number keeps growing every year, pushing traditional celebrities further down the list. (Source)
- 81 percent of marketers who have used influencer marketing judged it to be effective. (Source)
For more information on Facebook Live Video and how to get started creating a video now See Facebook Live Video.Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community