Peter Daisyme — December 3, 2019 Believe it or not, failure is often a good thing. Doing so tends to teach you much more than when you succeed. It allows you to reevaluate and find ways to be better. When we succeed, it can be harder to motivate yourself to improve — since we’ve gotten … Continue reading Stop Glamorizing Failure. Rich People Do This Instead.
Mayo Oshin — October 2, 2019 Follow @mayowaoshin Shortly after midnight on September 26, 1983, the world nearly came to an end. A few hours earlier, Stanislav Petrov—a lieutenant colonel in the Soviet Air Defense Forces—began his shift as the duty officer at Serpukhov-15, a secret command center near Moscow where the Soviet military monitored … Continue reading The Subtle Art of Delay: Why Waiting Is the Difference Between Success and Failure
Dave Brock — July 9, 2019 Follow @davidabrock — July 9, 2019 Regular readers might be a little worried with many of my recent posts. I’m obsessed with the idea of failure. You can imagine the “uplifting” conversations I have at lunch or with colleagues on failure. It’s not driven by any sort of negative … Continue reading Why Are We Committed to Failure?
Mat Pelletier — June 20, 2019 — June 20, 2019 Matthew Webb was a steamship captain in Britain when he decided to be the first person to swim across the English Channel. Another man had recently attempted the crossing and failed, but Webb was confident he could complete the twenty-one-mile swim despite the icy water … Continue reading No Trophies in Defeat: What Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Failure
Dave Brock — May 9, 2019 Follow @davidabrock — May 9, 2019 As sales people and leaders, we have an interesting relationship with failure. We are in an intensely competitive profession. Our customers are and should be evaluating alternatives. In any buying decision, there will only be one supplier selected, with the others losing. As … Continue reading Fear of Failure
Zak Mustapha — January 30, 2019 Follow @zakmustapha — January 30, 2019 Imagine yourself in 5 years. The great idea, your hard work and efforts… Where have they gotten you? It’s a scary thought actually and something I’ve experienced. You have a great idea, you work day and night on it for years only for … Continue reading 3 Ways to Determine Your Future Success – or Failure (Before the Time Comes)
Dan Radak — December 13, 2018 Follow @DanRadak — December 13, 2018 According to the GEM Global Report, more than 100 million startups are launched every year, which means there are over 3 new startups every second. However, 90% of those businesses are bound to end in failure, leaving only 10% with a chance of … Continue reading Why You Should Not be Afraid of Business Failure
Sarah Berkowski — July 10, 2018 Follow @sarahberkowski — July 10, 2018 Free-Photos / Pixabay Did you ever wonder why some companies are able to build a track record of consistent, long-term growth, while others seem to simply tread water or, worse, lose business and eventually end up closing their doors? The odds of becoming … Continue reading Operational Excellence is the Real Difference Between Business Success and Failure
Doug Andrew — April 3, 2018 Follow @dougandrewnow — April 3, 2018 The problem is most likely a faulty system, taught Dr. W. Edwards Deming. People can’t perform better than the system allows Isn’t it nice when things just work? There’s something very satisfying about this commercial by Honda, a campaign launched in 2003 to … Continue reading Who’s to Blame? 94% Chance It’s a System Failure, Not You
Stefan Wolpers — March 26, 2018 Follow @StefanW — March 26, 2018 TL;DR: Agile Failure Patterns — Why Agile is Simple and Complex at the Same Time Agile failure seems to be increasingly more prominent nowadays despite all the efforts undertaken by numerous organization embarking on their journeys to become agile. The funny thing is: … Continue reading Agile Failure Patterns in Organizations 2.0