Great content creators know how to mix visual and story. If you’re playing catch-up with social media and want to get up to speed quickly on visual storytelling, then this new infographic is a must-read. We’ve shared the infographic in its entirety at the bottom of this post. Here are the essential highlights…
Visual Storytelling: Essential Knowledge
- People retain 80% of what they see – compared to just 20% of what they read and 10% of what they hear.
- Retail sites with video content increased conversion by 46%. (By the way, here are 23 reasons why you should be using video.)
- Visual content is shared 3x faster than text.
Visual Storytelling on… YouTube
YouTube may dominate by volume, but not by organic reach or engagement. That honor is much more likely to go to Facebook, which also happens to sit on a mountain of targetable consumer data that can be used to give your video the maximum amount of power. (This is why we’re all about Facebook video.)
- Mobile makes up almost 40% of YouTube’s global watch time.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine next to Google.
- Google Hangouts allows you to live-stream video to large audiences.
Visual Storytelling on… Instagram
Why are some brands successes and others failures on Instagram? There’s a science behind it. Check out our blog post from a few weeks ago.
- 300M monthly active users.
- Over 30B photos shared to date – 70M per day.
Visual Storytelling on… Facebook
If you follow the BuzzPlant Blog, then you know how we feel about native videos on Facebook. Facebook videos are one of our top targets for the remainder of 2015 and for 2016.
- 87% of the most-shared posts contain photos.
- Facebook’s News Feed increased 3.6x YoY for video posts.
- Posts with visuals result in 180% greater engagement.
Visual Storytelling on… Twitter
- 35% of retweets contain photos and 28% contain videos.
- Image tweets resulted in 150% more retweets, 18% more clicks and 89% more favorites
Check out the infographic below for insights into more platforms, tools, apps, and advice that can help you make your mark as a visual storyteller. Visual content is BIG in 2015, and this trend will only continue. If it’s not a skill currently in your marketing arsenal, now is a time to seriously consider developing it. Where do you see video headed in 2016?
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community