— August 26, 2019
With the revolution of ecommerce, a user shopping behavior & habits have changed unprecedentedly over the years. Now you can buy online anything with a single click. Many traditional industries such as Finance, Telecom, Pharmaceutical, etc. have started selling their products online. However, the transition process from offline to online is not easy for a business. You need to choose an ecommerce platform or service provider that helps you makes the smooth transition from offline to online
To make the lives easier of aspiring entrepreneurs, I have decided to share a list of points you need to consider while selecting an ecommerce platform. Considering the below factors while choosing an ecommerce platform will help your eCommerce startup to grow in short time.
- Choose an ecommerce platform that is incorporated with in-built features so that you don’t have to pay separately thousands of dollars for every additional feature.
- Your ecommerce website should have multiple payment gateways especially the payment gateways that are commonly used in your region. Also, if you want to expand your business in different cities, states, or countries, you might require an ecommerce platform that provides features like Multi-lingual and Multi-currency.
- The marketplaces like Amazon, FlipKart, eBay, etc. have captured about 50% of ecommerce sales. Being an eCommerce startup, you can’t ignore the big user-base that these online marketplaces have. So choose an eCommerce platform that allows you to sell on Amazon or Flipkart along selling on your website.
- Type and variety of shipping methods is another critical aspect that you need to look for in an ecommerce platform.
- Nowadays, users prefer to buy from a website that promises a delightful utmost user experience. Ensure that the platform that you are buying should offer features like guest checkout, coupon codes, live chat, SEO compatibility, intuitive design, etc.
- To survive in competitive ecommerce industry, your online business must-have integrated IOS and Android mobile apps to target the customers on mobile platforms.
- Choose a platform that is easy to manage and provide automated features or tools to manage the system.
- To reduce marketing cost and understand customer behavior, you need to choose an eCommerce platform that comes with in-built analytics and powerful automated marketing tools.
- Customer support or technical support is a key factor to look for. Choose a service provider that provides customer-support not only before launch but post-launch as well.
- You can’t predict the future but yes you can be extra cautious by choosing a platform that is flexible and scalable so that with an increase in order volume and user base of your portal, you can easily scale it, too.
This is definitely not the end; there are many other factors that you look for in an ecommerce platform. However, the above ones are the most important.