Improving Quality Leads Considered Most Important For Marketers




  • by , Staff Writer @mp_research, August 19, 2016



    According to the 2016 State of Lead Generation survey from Ascend2, improving the quality of leads generated is a top priority for 77% of marketing influencers. The quality of leads handed off to sales significantly impacts an organization’s ability to achieve the next most important goal of acquiring new customers.


    The average of all market segments responding to the survey finds that the most important goals in lead generation strategy are:



    • Improving quality of leads   77%
    • Acquiring new customers   50%
    • Increasing quantity of leads   41%
    • Measuring performance/ROI   32%
    • Automating marketing process   29%
    • Converting website visitors to leads   25%
    • Reducing the cost to acquire leads   24%

    The data in the Summary Report edition of the study is representative of B2B and B2B companies consisting of 36% more than 500 employees, 40% 50 to 500 employees, and fewer than 50 employees, 24%. 39% of marketing influencers describe their organization’s lead generation strategy as best-in-class, while another 21% consider it comparatively unsuccessful at achieving important goals:























    Lead Generation Strategy


    Achievement of Goals


    % of Respondents


    Very successful


    39%


    Somewhat successful


    40


    Somewhat unsuccessful (below average)


    20


    Very unsuccessful


    1


    Source: Ascend2, August 2016


    The most important goal for lead generation, improving the quality of leads, is also the most significant barrier to success. This confirms that the development of an effective lead generation strategy must focus on this critical issue, says the report.








































    Goals and Barriers for Lead Generation (% of Respondents)


    Goal/Barrier


    Most Important Goal


    Most Significant Barrier


    Improving Lead Quality


    77%


    53%


    Acquiring new customers


    50


    24


    Improving quantity of leads


    41


    36


    Measuring lead performance


    32


    34


    Automating marketing


    29


    32


    Converting web visitors to leads


    25


    37


    Reducing cost of lead acquisition


    24


    30


    Source: Ascend2, August 2016


    The report says that an 89% majority believe the effectiveness of lead generation is increasing, while the remaining 11% continue to struggle with lead generation effectiveness. When prioritizing tactics for an effective lead generation strategy, a balance must be struck between tactical effectiveness and executional difficulty, as a tactic will succeed only if resources are available to execute it effectively, concludes the report summary.
































    Most effective tactic vs. Most difficult to Execute (% of Respondents)


    Tactic


    Most Effective


    Most Difficult


    Email marketing


    45%


    28%


    Content marketing


    45


    47


    Social media marketing


    39


    44


    Landing page optimization


    38


    34


    Search engine optimization


    33


    36


    Source: Ascend2, August 2016


    For additional information from Ascend2, please visit here.


     


     


    MediaPost.com: Search Marketing Daily

    (9)