Without the correct software, running an agile team is practically impossible. Agile project management tools can help.
Agile is not about attempting to fit operations into a rigid framework. Working with Scrum sprints, a Kanban board, or simply attempting to implement more agile techniques in your workplace requires a good project management solution. It will help everyone work faster, communicate better, and fulfill deadlines. Here, we’ll review our top picks for agile project management tools. After the reviews, our brief guide will help you analyze our suggestions and choose a project management solution that meets your business needs.
Best Agile Project Management Software: Top Tools in 2022
With Agile project management software, businesses are able to achieve the best results within the shortest amount of time. In this article, we review the top agile project management tools for small and large organizations in 2022. Here are our top picks:
- Monday.com – Most Flexible Project Development Tracking Software
- Nifty – Easiest User Interface for Transitioning Businesses
- Wrike – Best for Managing Mid to Large-Sized Businesses
- ClickUp – Best Agile Project Management Software for Managing Multiple Projects
- Teamwork– Effective Templates for Scaling Your Business
- Freshservice – Best Agile Software for IT Project Management
- Atlassian JIRA – Best Agile Project Management Software for Web Development
- Agilo for Scrum (Agilo for Trac) – Most Robust Communication Tool
- Hygger– Best for Task Management
- Icescrum – Most Scalable Agile Project Management Tool
Best Agile Project Management Software – Compared
Projects fail because of a lack of coordination, a lack of clarity in the specifications, and an unreasonable timetable. The goal of agile project management is to do away with these issues. We spent more than 60 hours researching the top-ranked Agile project management software in the industry and found the following to provide the best features.
1. Monday.com – Best Agile Project Management Software
Monday.com’s core focus is on building strong collaboration in teams through task management, work monitoring, and effective team communication. The software keeps track of team members’ progress and helps to keep them accountable for meeting deadlines.
Monday.com has a variety of integrations that help to expand its capabilities even further, especially when it comes to business development, sales, and marketing. Its web app is easy to use and friendly for both beginners and advanced users alike.
Monday.com Agile Project Management Software Features
- Multiple Project Development Tracking – Kanban, Timeline, and Charts may all be used to monitor the progress of a project.
- Timeline Planning – See who is working on what when. Plan your team’s project duties and make sure everyone gets the work done.
- Progress Tracker – Doubtful you’ve missed something? Easily view upcoming deadlines and get alerted if anything is in jeopardy.
Pricing per Seat per Month
- Individual – Free forever for up to 2 seats
- Basic – $ 8
- Standard – $ 10
- Pro – $ 16
- Enterprise – Custom
2. Nifty – Best for User Interface
Nifty is an agile project management workspace with integrated tasks and milestones to automate visible progress reporting. Nifty performs an incredible job at mixing several tools to cover the complete project cycle. It’s the right mix of big-picture planning (great roadmap) and everyday grind (tasks, files, and collaboration).
Nifty Agile Software Project Management Features
- Task Connections – Tasks that can be linked to Milestones for visibility.
- Planning and Tracking – Easily create and deploy user tasks for your team and monitor project progress as it happens.
- Collaboration – Collaborate with team members on documents, files, or tasks from inside or outside of Nifty.
- Organized Tracking – Nifty offers Kanban-style tracking, but it’s not limited to one workflow. You can mix and match multiple workflows, depending on your needs.
Pricing per Month
- Starter – $ 39
- Pro – $ 79
- Business – $ 124
- Enterprise – Custom
3. Wrike – Best for Managing Mid to Large-Sized Businesses
Using Wrike, teams can communicate more effectively with each other and enhance productivity. Because of its ease and sense of accountability, people can get their work done on time. Because of its high costs, it’s better suited for mid to large-sized teams.
Wrike Agile Software Project Management Tool Features
- Excellent Integrations – Wrike is compatible with Android and iOS devices, allowing users to keep track of ongoing and finished tasks.
- Highly Customizable Workflows – Wrike gives any team the tools they need to succeed. Design dashboards, processes, and more.
- 360-Degree Visibility – Eliminate silos through cross-departmental visibility. Find information and make decisions swiftly.
Pricing per User per Month
- Free – Up to 5 users
- Professional – $ 9.80 for 5 to 15 users
- Business – $ 24.80 for 5 to 200 users
- Enterprise – Custom
4. ClickUp – Best for Managing Multiple Projects
Using a cloud-based agile project management software tools platform like ClickUp allows you to manage processes, tasks, and time. The use of ClickUp’s templates makes it easier to manage projects and individuals as well as their resources as well as their plans and wikis.
ClickUp Agile Project Management Software Features
- Real-Time Collaboration – Real-time activity stream; no more emailing back and forth to keep track of what’s going on.
- Customizable Dashboards – Multiple dashboards for different types of projects; you can customize them as much as you’d like.
- Excellent Automations – Templates make it easier to automate routine tasks and even more complex processes.
Pricing per Member per Month
- Unlimited – $ 5
- Business – $ 9
- Enterprise – Custom
5. Teamwork- Effective Templates for Scaling Your Business
When it comes to client work, Teamwork is an excellent all-in-one project management application. Gantt charts, task lists, and a variety of visual boards are all available. It’s up to you how you want to structure the processes. It is a complete solution for project management.
Teamwork Agile Project Management Tool Features
- Powerful Filters – Powerful filters for sifting through the data you need.
- Time Tracking – Track time and assign projects to time-tracking abilities; bill based on time spent.
- Real-Time Status – See current status at a glance.
- Kanban Boards – Create and view manually or automatically flowing project boards.
- Collaboration – Collaborate with team members on documents, files or tasks from inside or outside of Teamwork.
Pricing per User per Month
- Free Trial
- Deliver – $ 10
- Grow – $ 18
- Scale – Custom
6. Freshservice – Best for IT Service Management
Freshservice is a comprehensive project management platform. It will allow you to better match your IT strategy with your business objectives. From planning to execution, it includes all of the features you need to run a successful project.
Freshservice IT Service Management Features
- Nested Organization – In addition to its project management tools, it has task management capabilities that allow you to break down a project into tasks and subtasks.
- Robust Features – Alerts, filter tasks, and Watcher are all included.
- Watcher – Keep tabs on project times, expenses, and status.
Pricing per Seat per Month
- 21-day free trial
- Blossom – $ 19
- Garden – $ 49
- Estate – $ 79
- Forest – $ 99
7. Atlassian JIRA – Best Software Development Project Management Tool
Your IT staff will become one of the most productive in your business thanks to Jira’s features. If you want evidence, here it is! Cisco, Square, Spotify, eBay, and Airbnb are just some of the 65,000+ enterprises throughout the world that have entrusted it with their services.
Jira’s bug-tracking feature is also widely used for project management. Because of this, it’s a popular choice among software development teams.
Atlassian Jira Agile Software Development Team Tool Features
- Custom Scrum Boards – Each sprint’s work may be seen on these scrum boards. There is no need to worry about a backlog in the paper.
- Flexible Kanban Boards – Continuously maximize output while minimizing effort.
- Unique Agile Reporting – Burnout charts, sprint reports, a cumulative flow diagram, velocity charts, epic reports, release burndowns, etc. are used to depict the current state of the sprint.
Pricing per User per Month
- Cloud – Small teams pay $ 10 a month for up to 10 people, while larger teams pay $ 75 a month for up to 15 users.
- Self-hosted – Datacenter costs $ 12,000 a year for 500 users, with a one-time payment of $ 10 for each.
8. Agilo for Scrum (Agilo for Trac) – Most Robust Communication Tool
Agilo for Trac (previously known as Agilo for Scrum) is a basic, web-based, and uncomplicated application to support the Scrum process. It’s free and open-source, but you may upgrade to Agilo Pro to get more features and expert assistance.
Agilo for Scrum Open-Source Scrum Management Tool Features
- Intuitive Workflows – workflows for Agile projects that are easy to follow in real-time.
- Organized for Ease of Use – Features like user stories, higher-level themes, priority setting, and a summary of the product’s current process help organize the product backlog efficiently.
- Excellent Communication Tools – Chat, task cards, and report generation all ensure that everyone knows what they’re supposed to do and when it’s due.
Pricing per User per Month
Only €10 per month for a single team and €20 per month for a group of teams.
9. Hygger – Best for Task Management
With Hygger, you may prioritize tasks in your projects. Agile teams in any industry can benefit from this approach. Develop a clear vision for the project and a strategy for achieving it. Use a Value/Effort matrix or another approach to prioritize jobs and distribute them on Kanban boards. Real-time communication and collaboration with the rest of the team ensure that everyone is on the same page at all times. For software development, product management, marketing, creative agency, and many more industries, Hygger is a must-have.
Hyggger Project Management Features
- WIP Limits – Your team’s emphasis should be on the most urgent activities at hand, therefore limiting the amount of work in the process.
- Prioritizing – Prioritize what has to be done next.
- Swimlanes – Use horizontal lanes to divide jobs on a task board.
- Labeling – Sort your jobs into categories, and then use a fast labels filter to refine your results.
- Set Due Dates – Not just time estimates, but deadlines should be established.
Pricing per User per Month
- Standard -From $ 7
- Enterprise – From $ 14
10. Icescrum -Most Scalable Agile Project Management Tool
IceScrum is a project management solution that is genuinely agile. Over 40 applications and connectors may be added to the free and open-source agile core. It’s more complex software, but it’s definitely worth it. Over 14,000 business and technology organizations trust Icescrum.
IceScrum Agile Software Development Team Tool Features
- Excellent Support – The use of visual management may help create estimated user stories in a product backlog, as well as schedule them into sprints and track their development on a sprint task board.
- 360-Degree Views – SAFe, LeSS, and agile roadmaps provide a high-level vision.
- Seamless Collaboration – Real-time boards, chat, and more are used to collaborate in real-time. In addition, the tool natively integrates with other tools.
- Cloud – free to use with paid plans starting at $ 9.8 per month
- On-premise – free to use with paid plans
- Annual license – $ 990 per year
- Perpetual license – From $ 6586
What Is Agile Methodology?
If you want to split down a project into smaller chunks, you can use the Agile technique. In order to be successful, it is essential to work closely with all stakeholders and to make continual improvements along the way. Every time a team starts a project, they go through three stages of planning, implementation, and evaluation: The need for constant communication with both team members and project stakeholders cannot be overstated.
Because of its adaptability and evolutionary character, Agile has become one of the most popular projects management methodologies. In 2001, the Agile manifesto was released, and it was originally designed for the software industry. Agility has grown in popularity among many project managers over the years, regardless of the sector they work in.
Project management is an iterative and incremental process that helps teams maintain pace with today’s fast-paced workplace. All of its approaches are built on the principles of adaptability, openness, quality, and improvement through time.
Is there a reason why project managers use Agile alone or in conjunction with other frameworks? It’s simple to understand why this is so. As a result of Agile’s advantages, project managers have more control over their initiatives. Agile project management is unusual in that it emphasizes meetings the needs of the client in terms of quality and value while also finishing the project within the restrictions that have been established.
Below, we’ve outlined some of its key benefits:
Superior Product Quality
That’s because testing is integrated into the project execution process, which means that the total quality of your finished project will be even higher. If market conditions change, the customer has the ability to alter the product’s development. Self-organizing teams are always learning and developing since Agile is an iterative approach.
Improved Customer Satisfaction
Customers are more inclined to stick with a firm that uses Agile methods because they are more involved in decision-making. The client is only contacted during the planning phase of a project and not involved in its implementation, resulting in a lack of flexibility and adaptability. Making changes based on client feedback ensures the final product fulfills their expectations and is satisfactory.
Agile Project Management also reduces the time it takes to commercialize a product. This method may allow the product owner to gain the first-mover advantage in specific cases. It’s only natural that customers come back for additional work when they benefit from your labor.
Stay in Control
Agile’s openness, feedback integration, and quality-control elements provide managers more power over projects. There are daily progress updates for all stakeholders and innovative reporting tools and methodologies used to keep everyone updated on the project’s progress.
Project Outcomes Become More Predictable
Increasing openness simplifies predicting dangers and developing effective mitigation methods. There are several ways to identify and anticipate risks in an Agile framework. Employing Scrum methodology, you may increase project visibility by using sprint backlogs and burndown charts.
Agile gives teams unparalleled adaptability. The product owner’s constant feedback and participation help teams to work in shorter bursts. Other project management methods may need lengthy and costly changes. Agile, on the other hand, divides the project into small sprints that allow for quick changes. Agile is a common choice for flexibility in projects.
What Are the Different Types of Agile Management?
There are multiple types of agile management that you can use to manage different types of projects. Take a closer look at these types below:
In Scrum, teams break down large projects into smaller tasks that can be completed within a few days. By breaking down the project and tackling it in sprints, team members become more productive. This helps to build customer trust and improve customer satisfaction.
Scrum is most effective when you are working on short-term projects with fast turnaround times. It can also help to accomplish tasks in the scope of one sprint that would have been impossible in other agile approaches for one person or team to complete.
Toyota created Kanban as a tool to assist boost output in manufacturing facilities. This method enables the rapid deployment of software into production. Teams may use a visual depiction of their tasks to track their progress and spot any stumbling blocks as they go through the stages of the project.
Extreme Programming (XP)
It is a rigorous method to improve software quality and deliver high-quality software on a regular basis. User stories are prioritized in XP by the team, and they work with high-quality software every step of the way.
In an XP-type approach, the team is informed of any risks and issues along the way and can be assured that some work will need to be done in case a serious problem occurs.
Adaptive Project Framework (APF)
Due to constantly shifting project requirements, teams began utilizing the Adaptive Project Framework. APF’s main purpose is to respond to the ever-changing needs of a project. This strategy is also used by stakeholders to alter the project’s scope at the beginning of each stage in order to achieve the maximum commercial value possible.
This framework is a suitable option for agile development projects that are complex and dynamic. In addition to that, it can also assist with project planning and management in areas where changes occur frequently and rapidly.
How To Choose Agile Management Software? Factors To Consider
There are a number of variables to consider while making your final decision on project management software. So how do you go about selecting the best tool for your unique needs, when there are so many possibilities available? Knowing what to look for and how to tell the difference between good tools and bad ones is essential if you want to get the right one for the job. Here are some of the factors you need to consider:
Collaboration is a very important feature to have for an agile management tool. The software you decide to use should be able to facilitate interactions between key areas of your organization, such as development, sales and marketing, and customer support.
Customizability and Flexibility
Nowadays, agile management software is highly customizable and flexible. Regardless of the industry, you are in or the type of project that you need to manage, there is a solution available that can help you do your job.
Size of Your Projects
Agile management software is available for projects of all sizes. If you need a tool to help manage a one-man project, there’s something out there for you. Similarly, if you need a tool to manage an ongoing large-scale project with several teams and contributors, there’s also something available for you.
There are tools available that are only suitable for small projects, such as a 5- or 10-day project. However, these tools are not necessarily the best option for you if your project is very large in scale and is meant to serve a global audience.
Many agile management software offerings exist that can help you manage even the largest of projects. If you want to be sure your software can handle any challenges that may arise, it’s important to make sure it offers scalable functionality.
Conclusion: What Is the Best Agile Management Software?
There is a lot of hype surrounding agile in the past decade, but still, many businesses are unaware of the fundamental difference between agile and traditional management methodologies. Because of this, many companies that have adopted agile are not getting the full potential out of it.
As you have seen from the above article, there is plenty of tools and software on the market that can help you manage your project. However, our top pick is definitely Monday.com. Its user-friendly interface and overall feature performance make it a must-have for all project managers.
What are the agile management tools?
Agile technologies assist cross-functional teams to collaborate, coordinating, and generating the best possible solutions.
What is the most popular Agile framework?
Scrum is a popular Agile framework. Others are DSDM, Crystal, and Feature-Driven Development (FDD).
Is Jenkins used in agile software development?
Jenkins has become the most popular cross-platform solution due to its low cost and flexibility. Multiple plugins may be installed to test features through terminal or GUI. Jenkins also allows for bespoke plugins.
Is Version One Agile project management tool?
Yes, this versatile agile management tool may be used with any agile software development process.
What is tally in agile?
Tally is a quick counter app. Tally’s gesture-based user interface is designed around making it simple to do tally counts on the iPhone without the need to look back at the device. Today widget support makes it easy to count from anywhere.
Who owns quality in a Scrum team?
Scrum requires all three scrum roles to work together to produce excellence. The Development Team cannot deliver a high-quality increment without a suitable product backlog and an explanation item. So the Scrum Team owns quality.
What is agile project management best for?
Agile is best for projects with shifting requirements and a team that works well together. Agile focuses on completing small, time-boxed iterations of the overall project, working in short cycles of development, testing, and deployment.