When you build a small business website these are the things you absolutely must-have. All should have the following:
- About Page – One of the most visited pages on most websites. This is where you tell people about your company, the history and what you do.
This is also called, Who We Are, Our Story and other names. Whatever you want to call your page, this is one of the most important of the must-have pages.
- Sub Page – Team Page – Depending on whether or not you’re an individual contributor or have employees, you may want to have a page for your team. This isn’t necessary for smaller firms.
- Services Page – Tell People What Services You Offer. When people surf the web they are looking for something. Make it easy, list out all your services.
This page is sometimes called What We Do, and as with About, it doesn’t matter what you title the page, as long as you clearly list what it is you do.
- One thing I like to do is include a line saying if you don’t see a service listed, contact us. There may be things you don’t do normally but that you would do, or at very least recommend someone else.
- Contact Page – Let people know how to reach you. Make sure you include the following:
- Contact Form – Keep it simple, people are leery about giving too much information
These mainly pertain to informational websites. Depending on your business, we’d also recommend:
- Ability to pay invoices online
- Ability to sell online
- Ability to make appointments online
BOTTOM LINE: There are of course many other things you can add to your small business website. These are just the must-have pages and elements we think are crucial, especially when you are just starting out.