Video Marketing Statistics really tell the story for Local Video Marketers. But you have to look beyond the video marketing statistics and think about the bigger picture as to how you are engaging and remaining relevant in a digital world.
Statistics are always fantastic. Don’t get me wrong, I love them. But like anything else, if you do something just to do it, you’ll never receive the benefits you could have enjoyed with a well thought out, high quality effort.
Let’s take a look at some key video marketing statistics as we get rolling into 2016 shall we?
- According to Forrester Research it is 50x easier to achieve a page 1 ranking on Google with a video.
- According to Implix, an introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing a video marketing ad, according to Online publishers association.
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
- Online video now accounts for 50 percent of all mobile traffic and up to 69 percent of traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
- Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users. (NPD)
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube).
- According to Retail Touchpoints, the Step2 Company found that shoppers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. (Retail Touchpoints Channel Innovation Awards)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%. (Source: Mist Media)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
- And if you’re dying to show up on the front page of Google search results (and who isn’t?), having video on your landing page can make it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of those results. (Source: Mist Media)
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
- Landing pages with video have up to 800% more conversion than the same page without a video. So if you’re spending a lot of time finessing that web copy, you may have better luck with a video. (Source: Orion21).
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- How does video marketing impact your traffic? Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors and doubles their time spent on the site. On top of all of that, you see a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines by including more video on your site (Source: MarketingSherpa).
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community