We all know the importance and power of creating content on the internet, but when there are over a billion other active websites doing the same exact thing, it’s pretty hard to compete. With so many sites focusing strictly on text articles and creating content to rank in the search results, not only does this make it a very saturated place, it also leaves room for an opportunity where others might miss.
A perfect example of this can be seen when content creators move outside of just text content and start focusing on images, infographics, visuals and videos to better promote their sites and brands. This is something we will be diving into, based on the data and analysis provided by the “The Rising Power of Visual Content” infographic below, which was created and provided by Infographic Design Team.
The Rising Power of Visual Content Key Takeaways
When it comes to creating content for your sites, you need to focus on using as many visuals as possible. At the same time, you don’t want to overload your audience with too many distractions or a lack of content. Please use the following stats, resources, and recommendations to start implementing the visual design into your existing content creation and marketing strategies.
- Content with visuals get 94% more views
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual
- 80% of people remember what they see
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text 92% of all human communication is non-verbal 40% of people will respond better to visual information than text
- Infographics are “liked” and shared on social media three times more than any other type of content
- More than 60% of marketers and small business owners said they planned to increase investment in video marketing in 2017
- Organic Facebook engagement is the highest on posts with videos (13.9%) and photos (13.7%)
- 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound
- Four times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product then read about it
- By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic
For more helpful tips and information on how to improve your content creation and marketing efforts with visuals, be sure to check out this infographic marketing guide on Inc. magazine. The internet world is moving towards visuals and video — make sure your brand is too!
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community