Twitter offers a creative way to engage with audiences and drive relevant traffic to your website. First off, here are a few reasons to experiment with Twitter advertising if you haven’t already.
It’s good value for money
Twitter advertising rates have been dropping steadily as the platform becomes more popular with advertisers and Twitter tries to appeal to more small businesses.
It’s highly targeted
Twitter ads appear in users’ feeds among their followers tweets so they are integrated with the users’ experience. Advertisers can target users based on interests, similarity of followers, location and more.
It can amplify your brand profile
Advertisers can get exposure to a new audience on Twitter. Twitter advertising in the UK is still relatively new so companies that experiment with it could be seen to be on trend or ahead of the curve.
“If you can Tweet, you can advertise on Twitter. All you need is a Twitter account and a credit card. You’re in control of your ads, the audience you want to reach, and of course your budget. Best of all, you will only be charged when people follow your Promoted Account or retweet, reply, favorite or click on your Promoted Tweets. You are never charged for your organic Twitter activity.” says Ravi Narasimhan, a product manager at Twitter.
Reach specific target groups
Twitter offers target audience segmentation on a granular level. Choose who will see your ads from any combination of the following options:
- TV conversation targeting (makes it easy for networks and brands to connect with Twitter users already engaged with TV.)
- Devices or platforms
This option is good for brands who want to quickly increase the number of relevant and engaged followers. Advertisers pay per follower acquired.
These can give a business the ability to start a trending topic on Twitter. Promoted Trends are great for:
– Building mass awareness for product launches
– Building mass awareness for events
– Brand building by association
You can also expand the reach of individual tweets by promoting them to specific accounts or target groups. Promoted Tweets appear directly in users’ timelines among non-paid tweets. This can be a very creative option but success does depends on how compelling your promoted tweet is.
Optimise conversion rates by opting for Lead Generation Twitter Cards with your promoted tweet as this allows users to send your there information with one click.
If your goal is to get people to click on your Tweets to visit your website, then Website Cards will help you drive even more traffic. Normally, Tweets linking to your site would contain only the Tweet text and the hyperlink. When the Card is tweeted, it will be appended with an engaging image and additional information and allow the user to click directly through to your website.
- Follow @TwitterAds for creative inspiration and advertising best practice tips.
- Consider using Twitter ads to promote content as part of your content marketing strategy.
- Drive sales and boost customer satisfaction with discounts which are exclusive to Twitter.
- Decide what metrics are important to your company. Is your main objective to increase engagement or drive revenue? Twitter’s analytics dashboard offers detailed insight into how your ads are performing and what types of people are engaging with them too. Monitor everything from follower growth and quality to website traffic and conversions.