Move over Facebook. According to a new infographic from Salesforce, “Instagram users are 58x more likely to like, comment, or share a brand’s post than Facebook users and 120 times more likely than Twitter users.”
Want to ramp up your Instagram strategy? Here are the Instagram tips and statistics you need to get into action!
Instagram By the Numbers
- 30 Billion Photos uploaded since Instagram launched in October 2010.
- 70 Million Photos and Videos uploaded per day.
- 5 Billion Likes per day.
- 300 Million monthly active users
Who Uses Instagram? And How?
The 18-24 year-old demographic is the largest on Instagram, with use gradually sloping downward with age. (Note: it’s quite likely that users under age 18 really hold the lion’s share of the market. But, due to privacy issues, data cannot be collected on this demographic.)
As for how your average Instagram user prefers to access the app… it depends on their age. For those under 35, a smartphone is the preferred device for accessing Instagram. Those over the age of 34 prefer their tablet to a smartphone (a trend that has become more prevalent with older users).
How Strong Can An Instagram Brand Be?
Strong. We were surprised to learn that 58.6% of “millennial Instagram users in Canada are more likely to remember a great branded Instagram account over a TV commercial.”
Furthermore, 28.2% of Instagram users in Canada purchased a product they discovered on Instagram in the last six months.
A few other testaments to the strength of this platform:
- 70% of Instagram users access their account at least once a day.
- Half of all Instagram users are more likely to be located in North America.
- 25% of Instagram users are more likely than average Internet users to be in the top income quartile.
Why Should Your Business Have an Instagram Strategy?
Currently, Instagram engagement is 15x greater than Facebook. Right now, there is no other social platform out there that boasts the same visual power and universal acceptance as this network.
So, What Instagram Tips Does Your Brand Need?
Here are a few of the top tips from the Salesforce infographic, many of which we use with our clients at BuzzPlant:
- Find balance between oversaturation and under-posting.
- Create a content calendar that can be flexible.
- Use sneak peak and preview photos of products and events.
- Create your own tags to encourage and leverage user-generated content.
- Comment on relevant posts and engage with your followers.
- Use image analytics and track engagement. Listen and respond to what your followers like!
What Instagram Tips Would You Offer?
Share your comments after the infographic below. I’d like to know what you see as an indispensable part of an Instagram strategy!
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community