Finding blog ideas can be the cornerstone of your online marketing efforts.
Your blog is a trusted resource for your business, helping you to build credibility online. Chances are there are people online conducting Google searches related to your business or industry at any given point.
Your blog can help them find you.
Chances are your current customers might have questions regarding your business or your industry.
Your blog can answer those questions.
There might be people on the fence as they shop for your product or service.
Your blog can be the extra push they needed to simplify the consumer process.
In order to do all these things, you blog needs to be well written and informative, but it starts one step before that. Everything starts with finding the right blog ideas to boost your business.
If your mind is a blank when it comes to developing ideas for your blog, ask yourself some of these questions:
- What do you want your readers to know?
- What do your readers want to know?
- What are the most pressing questions within your industry?
- What are the controversial topics within your industry?
- What are the experts saying? Do you agree or disagree?
- What kind of tasks should your readers know how to do?
- What are some tips for shopping in your industry?
- Do you have a list of outside resources your readers should be familiar with?
- Are there any industry books you could review? Are there any authors or experts you want to interview?
- Can you connect two previously unrelated ideas? (For example, what do your industry and your favorite TV show have in common?)
Thinking about some of these questions should give you a natural starting point for blog ideas that will resonate.
Strategies for Finding Blog Ideas to Boost Your Business
Blog ideas may not crawl out of the woodwork for you. For some people developing blog ideas comes naturally, and for others it takes a slight shift in mindset. It can be hard to sit down and stare at a blank computer screen and tell yourself that you are going to come up with five or 10 ideas. That might seem like a lot of pressure, but don’t worry, you’ll get better at it.
Here are some suggestions for finding blog ideas to boost your business:
- Step away from the computer – Sometimes your environment can stifle you. It can get hard to be creative as you sit in front of a computer for the large majority of your day. Take breaks. Take a 10-minute walk. Heck, do some jumping jacks. Go eat something. Take out the garbage. You’ll be amazed how much easier it is to focus when you get back.
- Carry a notebook – Not every idea comes when you want it to. Sometimes they come through the natural course of your day. Buy a notebook small enough to carry in your pocket. If a blog idea strikes you while you’re taking a walk, or a shower (dry off first), write it down!
- Read outside your industry – It’s always good to know what’s going on inside your industry, but make sure you’re doing more than that. Broadening your horizons and reading outside your industry as well as in it can help make you a well-rounded person and bring on more ideas. Keep up with your industry, but keep up with your personal interests as well.
- Work in a new environment – Do you sit in the same office chair day in and day out? Are you sick of the way that your work environment looks? Maybe it’s time to work from a new coffee shop, or find an outside place on a nice day. A change of place may be all you needed to stimulate your mind.
What do you do for finding blog ideas to boost your business? I would love to hear what works for you in the comment section below.Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community