When we work with clients on website projects, we follow a proven process that’s designed to avoid the most common pitfalls, and help us keep our projects on track and on budget. We’re always uncovering opportunities to improve, and we’re continually updating our processes and checklists to optimize the efficiency of our projects.
We just completed a redesign of our own website to boost its performance and take the design to a new level. We’re thrilled with the result, but to say it went flawlessly would be less than accurate. Despite our years of experience shepherding clients through website redesign projects, we found ourselves falling into some of the same traps we warn our clients about.
To help you avoid these pitfalls, we put together a few tips to keep in mind when you embark on your next project.
Budget Killers for Website Redesign Projects
So what are the pitfalls that cause your web redesign costs to blow up? Check out our infographic below to see six of the worst offenders.
1) Absent-Minded Professor Syndrome—You’re missing meetings, deadlines and emails that the project depends on.
2) Indecisiveness—Changing your mind every other day is a great way to stall your progress and blow your budget.
3) Lack of direction—Each person is on a different page with their own pet priorities.
4) Too many cooks—Not everyone needs to have a voice. And it’s better that way.
5) Getting stuck on content—It’ll take longer than you think to write the content. Plan wisely.
6) Perfectionism—Sometimes good enough is better than great.
You can also download a printable version of the 6 Reasons Why Your Web Redesign Cost Can Blow Up. Print it out and keep it handy for reference!
Your website costs don’t have to blow up if you know what to avoid.
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community