Regardless of the many changes in search engine algorithms, SEO is still an important and essential process. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a series of actions that maximizing the websites chances of get a high ranking in search engines. The goal is generally to make it into the top ten results on a search page.
Over 50% of people report still finding websites primarily through search engines. Even with a strong following and social media presence, websites need to get a high search engine ranking in order to attract a high number of new visitors.
Here are 5 tips and tools to help improve your overall SEO strategies.
1. Make sure you are properly placing your keywords. The best places to include your keywords are in the URL, title tag, Meta description, page content, anchor text, alt text, headers, and sub headers. This allows you to focus your content on quality information, opposed to worrying about keyword inclusion.
2. Set Performance Parameters. One of the problems with SEO is many do not know how to measure their success. Aside from ranking #1, you need to have parameters in place that you can use to measure the success of your efforts. You then need to regularly analyze your Google analytics in order to check on your progress and make changes as needed.
3. Identify the best possible keywords. There is no need to guess what keywords you should be using. You can use Google Trends to search keywords. If you have a Google Adwords account set up already, you can use Google Keyword Planner to further investigate potential keywords.
4. Know the number of pages your website is indexed on. Marketing Grader can help you identify how many search pages your website is listed on. This will give you a measure of how your website is doing.
5. Include a blog on your website. Including a blog on your website will greatly increase your opportunity for keyword inclusion. Every new blog post is a new opportunity to increase your overall SEO.
These are just the basics. To learn more, I recommend reading the following articles:
Read more on JOSIC: News, Sports, Style, Culture & Technology