Whether you are starting to consider focusing your marketing on social media, or just starting to post on a new network, it is essential to dig deep into what these choices mean for your brand and which strategy to pursue for the best chance at success.
Full Impact Studios found that social media has surpassed Google as Americans’ “number one daily activity,” which means these decisions are more important than ever. Therefore, they have created an infographic to help guide you through these strategic choices you have.
Read through these social media branding strategies for business and see more details about each in the infographic.
1. Choose channels that best support your brand image
Keeping your branding consistent across any channel hardly qualifies as rocket science, but it is important to remember that you don’t have to be on EVERY channel if it isn’t right for your brand either. Here are some quick tips about the top social networks to help you in making your decision:
- Facebook: Great for brand awareness and promotion being one of the biggest and most influential social networks.
- Instagram: For heavily visual brands, and for brands that want to target young adults
- Pinterest: Also for visual brands, and for brands that want to reach women.
- LinkedIn: A strong choice for brands wanting to connect with corporate influencers and promote business-related content.
2. Provide exemplary customer service
Go above and beyond and provide customer service on social media. Making a habit to monitor your channels and answer any customer queries will build your social authority. Just remember to answer the good AND the bad in a timely manner.
3. Don’t forget about Google+
This social network may be at the bottom of your priority list right now, but for the time being it is still connected to YouTube and essentially acts as free ad space each time you post!
4. Deliver interesting and engaging content
More than ever, the real estate on social media feeds is highly competitive. Between Facebook’s algorithms, Twitter’s Direct Message restrictions lifting, and Instagram’s new trending content tab, it will be to your advantage to keep your content fresh.
Social Media Examiner suggests creating and sharing different types of articles, status updates, images, and videos to see which gets the most visibility and engagement for your brand.
5. Get involved and make connections
Make your audience feel like they are part of a community by sharing stories or experiences related to your brand through contests, giveaways, or meaningful advocacy. This will help you build relationships to boost your brand’s exposure.
Which tactic will you try?
Share with us in the comments!Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community