— September 12, 2019
Attracting critical technology talent now requires HR leaders to improve job offers, employment brand, competitiveness, and candidate experience.
Companies need to hire extremely high skill levels today, since they have become critical to the strategic plan, in all sectors. The excessive demand for critical tech talent that drives a company’s digitalization has put HR leaders under pressure to excel at attracting the top talent. Experts believe that attracting technology talent is not an HR problem, but a business problem and the strategy of attracting this talent segment cannot be left to chance. There is a need for a deliberate approach to attract high talent.
According to Gartner, there are three key pillars to a genius talent-attraction strategy. These include employment branding where CHROs can leverage marketing techniques and create a positive brand for candidates; job offer competitiveness to develop the most competitive and compelling job requisitions; and candidate experience that delivers a positive overall job experience.
Focused innovation efforts and investments can improve the way the brand resonates with the best-fit candidates Here are some strategies to adopt:
- Building a career-specific social media presence builds high levels of engagement within the community of talent that needs to be tapped. It is essential to increase engagement with the post of relevant content.
- CHROs must aim to capture job search volume and redirect search results to career websites. SEO optimization is required even for job pages and must include terms that candidates use while looking for a particular job. It is also crucial to generate a positive buzz on job websites. Since candidates access the reviews past and current employees on job sites, it is essential to monitor overall ratings and try to maximize positive reviews on the employee value proposition (EVP).
- As far as job descriptions are concerned, HR professionals must ensure that they effectively highlight the EVP categories of rewards, organization, work, organization, people, and opportunity in the right proportions. According to Gartner’s TalentNeuron data, covering all these five EVPs reduces time-to-fill by nine days.
- Experts believe that designing a career website can have maximum impact. The job details and organizational information must be clear and readily accessible. It is also essential to provide a candid description of the organization culture and management style. Experts also suggest making it easy and quick for prospective candidates to apply for the job.
- Candidates share their interview experiences with other job seekers. This makes it crucial to ensure that the interview experience is a consistent and positive one.
With a high demand for tech talent in the current situation, even the candidates are well aware of their requirement and are ready to take full advantage of it.
The post Top Strategies to Attract Top Tech Talent appeared first on EnterpriseTalk.