The way in which we communicate affects all areas of our life. It is the basis for others to determine your sincerity and if they believe you may be trusted. It becomes the test for whether one should proceed in developing solid relationships with you on either a personal or business matter.
- Body language
- Facial expressions
It is the direct and honest communication that serves us best when we meet face to face in meetings. The better approach is to inquire first as to the other person’s perspective on business at hand. Once you have an idea of their line of thinking, it will be far easier to carry on a meaningful conversation.
Online communication may be either direct or indirect. Using Twitter as an example, the online direct route is to include a link for where you would like to direct readers. The indirect route is to share your best insights to help others improve their strategy. Given it is attraction marketing that drives sales, it is best to adhere to the indirect route the majority of the time.
All of the platforms have messaging systems in place. As you begin to receive messages on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, your response becomes another way to have a meaningful conversation.
Meaningful engagement encourages forthcoming sales.
Audience and client engagement via meaningful conversation, at every turn, is essential for building your personal brand, and sales. This touches every type of endeavor.
- Speakers should focus their message to their audience interests
- Appreciation should be expressed at every turn
- Quick and direct responses to messages received further the conversation
Take time to consider all of your communication practices.
- Make your communication personal yet professional?
- Train employees to do the same?
- Use consistency in all communication to best understand prospective clients?
If you employ a team, be certain they are communicating as you wish. They represent you and your company. If you are using scripts for complex sales, train users on how to personalize these to sound authentic. Otherwise, prospective clients can hear the script being read. They then refuse further communication.
- Be open-minded by asking many questions.
- As answers are provided, dig deeper with further questions for greater insight.
- Get to know the person and their motivation both personally and professionally.
- Ask why a new supplier is being sought such as whether there were issues with the current.
- When people say “not now”, ask, “When will be better, and what will have changed?”
- Follow-up as instructed and remind the person of the instruction.
- When people ask to speak further via online messaging, research their profile to figure out where common interests may be.
- As a speaker, engage audiences with tales of hardships overcome, or funny stories to illustrate your theme.
- When networking, ask people about the types of clientele they serve to offer potential referrals.
- Become a helpful adviser.
These suggestions will help lead you to the smooth sale.Business & Finance Articles on Business 2 Community