You walk into a store pick up the most beautiful pair of shoes and find out later that they don’t fit. Would that be of any use? No! Similarly, when you are looking for an HR and payroll software, you must not get swayed by what looks the best but by what feels the best to use. Don’t get swayed by how popular it is, till the time it is not relevant to you, it is of no use.
The reason we are talking about this in this post is that many of the business owners have made this mistake in the past. So, let’s look at the right way to select the right HR software for your business optimally!
- Do your research- It is important for you to not go by the search engine rankings but actually check each website manually. This will help you in picking the software that you should consider and the ones you shouldn’t. Take time in this step and don’t do it in haste.
- Keep up with the trends- It is important to keep up with the ongoing market trends related to payroll and HR. You wouldn’t want to end up buying an obsolete HR software for your business. Technology is advancing every other day and hence getting an outdated software would be of no use. For instance, make sure it has tools to keep a track on culture and has the ability to tell your improvement areas to you. Moreover, it should also be able to reduce the time the users take to complete a task and should ease their life.
- Shortlist some- After doing the first two steps, it is now time to do the comparative analysis. Which software is seeming to fit better to your company requirements? You can be a little easy in this process as the next step is that of taking a demo where you will get a better understanding of the HR software you have shortlisted.
- Take Demos- After this, you go to the contact us page and fill the form. This will help you in scheduling demos. Bit make sure you take your time and do not take more than one demo in a demo. Make points tick the things in your checklist that the software has and cross the ones that it doesn’t have.
You can always ask your final picks to customise a particular feature for you and then invest in it if you feel that a particular feature is really important.
- Ask the right questions- When you are done with the demo, you need to not keep listening to the salesperson and letting him do what he is best at i.e. convincing people but throw some questions at him strong enough to test how confident the team is of their product.
- Shortlist again- After interacting and the ending of the demo session, you should start selecting the top three. If you are not able to do this, ask more questions in the mail trail, compare the responses and then select. Moreover, there are some steps that you must not forget when you pick the final one. Negotiation, this is the time where you start negotiating the rates and save some bucks. The ball is in your court, so there is no harm in trying!.
- Talk to the users- Do not ever forget to take some review of the product from its first-hand users, the ones who are currently using it. They will mirror you how good the product would be and if it really helps.
- Invest and improve HR functions- After this, you just need to give a heads up to the HR software team, they will take care of the rest. You will get the proposal and once you check and approve everything, you can make the payment and get the product implemented.
Hope this helps you in owning the right HR software soon!