When it comes to digital marketing, it’s important to be ahead of the game, but with ever-changing trends and new technologies, this can be easier said than done. To help you get a head start for the new year, we’ve compiled this list of digital trends to look out for in 2020 and ongoing trends that are here to stay.
Digital Marketing Trends 2020
- Voice Search – Marketers can no longer ignore voice search. Why? 55% of households are expected to own smart speaker devices by 2022, therefore optimising your content for voice search needs to be a priority in 2020.
- Social Messaging Apps – Yes, they’ve been around for a while, but 2020 will see more brands using messaging apps to communicate with their customers. Not only do messaging apps allow for extremely personalised marketing, but it’s also a convenient way for your customers to have direct contact with your business.
- Personalisation – It’s time to say goodbye to generic ads. With 80% of consumers saying they’re more likely to buy from a company that offers personalised experiences, personalised marketing needs to be incorporated into your 2020 marketing strategy.
- Interactive Content – New and original, interactive content will help your brand cut through the noise. 91% of consumers are looking for more interactive content when they’re buying online. So, shoppable posts, AR/VR, 360-degree video, quizzes, and polls should be the next addition to your content marketing plans for the coming year.
- Transparency – Consumers are demanding transparent, easy to understand information from brands, with 94% of consumers staying loyal to brands that offer complete transparency. However, after the enforcement of GDPR in 2018, how you handle customer data is vital and not complying could have an extremely negative impact on your business. After all, honesty is always the best policy.
- Smart Bidding in Google Ads – Good news for all you PPC account managers out there… automation and smart bidding on Google Ads is expected to become the norm. These improvements will help you optimise your bids better, giving you the ability to maximise conversions.
Ongoing Digital Marketing Trends
- Video – 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video, so it’s no surprise that video is sticking around. With so many benefits, more and more businesses are using video as a tool to communicate their messages, but simply churning out a poor quality video, for the sake of it, won’t equate to success. When it comes to video, quality over quantity is the answer.
- Position Zero – Position 1 is no longer the top spot on a search engine results page (SERP). Position zero or ‘#0’ is where it’s at! This highly desired position features text from your website and is now the top spot.
- Influencer Marketing – Influencer marketing is an incredibly effective way to reach interested consumers. It delivers 11x higher ROI than other forms of digital marketing, which is why it’s not going anywhere.
- Content Marketing – You guessed it. Content is still king! Content demonstrates your expertise to potential clients, supports your websites SEO and can help you create a personality for your brand. In 2020, focus your efforts on creating interactive content and video.
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community