Invoicing, time tracking and expense tracking are three important tasks that need to be accomplished to run a business successfully. However, these processes take too much of time and there is a better way. Irrespective of the reason you record your time, using a time tracking app while your work is in progress is the best way to do so.
It is best to invest in an invoicing app that will do the work on your behalf. The invoicing apps not only do it much faster but also in a better way. Generating accurate invoices, expense reporting and time tracking results are some of the benefits of timeline tracking and its dashboard shows the performance of your business. A business may have multiple clients for invoicing, collecting payments and various invoices to keep track of. There may also be time billable activities that one needs to keep track of. Attempting to do all these manually may lead to inaccurate invoicing. One of the other benefits of timeline tracking is that it provides a detailed and chronological overview of the actions that has been taken related invoices and other documents. It keeps track of events like when the invoice was created, by whom it was created, it was sent to whom and when, when the client saw it etc. So let’s check out some of the invoice apps with the time tracking feature in 2020.
1) Data storage and synchronization: Online mobile apps like Moon Invoice – Easy Invoicing automatically stores the data in cloud and synchronizes across the devices. It becomes easy to manage your business when one is traveling. One can track sales, expenses, profits, inventory and manage sales tax and track project profitability. It works on Mobile, MacOS and WebApp.
2) Tracking and management: A simple but yet powerful invoicing app in 2020 that can create, manage and track invoices even when you are traveling. Moon invoice allows you to manage payment with multiple payment options with easy to generate payment receipts in PDF. Its reporting capabilities allow you to make the right business strategies
3) Personalized invoice creation: The all-in-one business management and invoicing software allows you to easily create and send personalized credit, prepayment and sales invoices, quotes, set up recurring payments and spend less time on monthly billing. It also allows setting up of automated overdue reminders and getting paid on timely basis, getting an overview of the project’s profitability and view important information on a dashboard.
4) Easy accounting: A simple online accounting software like Zoho helps to create and send invoices, synchronize back accounts, track expenses, create reports and do accounting on all devices from anywhere. It is equipped with full set of accounting tools, it helps to get in-depth insights and run detailed reports in seconds.
5) Billing and time tracking: Harvest makes effective invoice for successful business and is basically a time tracking and time billing software. It provides a bird’s eye view of all the invoices and the invoice graph provides an overview of the revenue of a particular year. The filters allow you to report about a particular client.
6) Bulk invoice creation: The most interesting feature of some of the invoicing apps is that one can bulk-invoice customers saving time and also get notified when clients open the invoices. This allows one to grow the business with unlimited users providing them with 24*7 support and it is also known for reliability and security.
7) Managing subscriptions: It caters to companies offering subscription services and manages subscriptions, invoicing, recurring payments with the help of an API layer. This powerful invoicing app in 2020 makes beautiful and comprehensive invoices, makes taxes easy, has built-in metered billing support and various payment options.
8) Cloud storage: In invoicing apps like Sage 50c, the c stands for “cloud” and it stores accounting data and share that via cloud. With Sage 50c, invoices can be created, edited and sent directly from the software. It can track cash flow when linked directly to bank account, record sales, create professional quotes, track project income, expenses and profit.
9) Comprehensive invoicing operations: This basic invoicing software is a good choice for those who require a simple and easy to use invoicing. The features include invoice tracking, payment reminders, charts and reports, expense tracking with debit and credit card acceptance. The app is present in a smartphone, invoices can be created and sent right away.
10) Tracking expenditures and income: Being robust and powerful, the billing generator software with timeline is best suited for small businesses where one can keep track of income and expenditure with receipt scanning tools, schedule recurring invoices, accept credit cards. One can schedule recurring invoices and has automatic payment reminders to encourage customers to pay on time.
11) Quote-to-invoice: A cloud based invoicing software suits medium-to-large businesses and also small businesses. One of the most unique features of this tool is that in just a few clicks a quote can be created, converted into an invoice and sent it to the client.
12) Easy management for freelancers and companies: It makes effective invoice for successful business with time tracking, expense tracking and invoicing software that mainly serves freelancers and small businesses. Interestingly, it takes only seconds to create beautiful invoices and saves time when billing clients. Moreover, one can track and log time by project and clients and work together with their team.
13) Accurate and professional invoices: Some of the software helps you to get paid on time and accurately by creating, sending and tracking professional invoices, credit notes, delivery notes, purchase orders, quotes and customer statements. SliQ is for those who prefer desktop software and it is only for windows users.
14) Project management: The most interesting feature of this tool is that besides invoicing, it has project management and time tracking functionalities. It is compatible with smartphones and web.
15) Connecting CRM: It is an efficient way to connect CRM, ERP systems and billing. It is a billing generator software with timeline and there are no chances of billing discrepancies as the invoices are created directly from the CRM. It provides an all round view of a customer to the finance and sales & service team.
16) Integrated business management tool: It is a single cloud computing platform and an integrated business management tool with integrated CRM, invoicing, projects, help desk, collaboration and reporting.
17) Customized invoices: With PaySimple customized invoices and recurring invoices can be created and sent easily, includes online payment forms with click-to-pay buttons, subscription billing and real-time dashboard for tracking of invoice. Cash flow and trends can also be analyzed with PaySimple.
18) Great for sole traders: This user-friendly software has been specifically designed for sole traders, freelancers and small businesses. It allows you to create and send invoices, estimates and quotes. It includes recurring invoices, credit and delivery notes, payment reminders and receipts.
19) Workflow collaboration: The top features include custom invoicing services, online invoice payment, workflow collaboration, unlimited document storage and accessing backoffice through a mobile device from anywhere. This billing generator software with timeline has a calendar feature which lets you know when deposits are coming and payments to be done.
20) Customize, edit, and print: It is easy to learn and use without requiring any prior experience. With this particular feature, you can set up recurring invoices and customize, edit, print or email the invoices. It is possible to set up automatic invoicing and reminders. The app is jargon-free.
One should choose online invoicing apps based on the size of the business and the process by which accounts are maintained.