So you want to build a successful blog? Congratulations, you are now 1 in roughly 300+ million other blogs on the internet that once wanted to accomplish the same thing!
The difference between you and them is that you’ve stumbled across this article and infographic that is going to help build the foundation for your blog from day one. The truth is, many people jump into blogging with their eyes closed and think that if they simply ‘create content’ people will find their site and it will make them a boatload of money. This may have been the case a decade ago, but these days… you are simply wasting your time.
It’s also important for you to be aware of the different blogging platforms out there. Not only which are available, but how each of them can affect the growth of your blog down the road.
To find success in the world of blogging today, you need to actually treat your blog like a business and put in the necessary time and effort to pre-plan before even getting started. This 7-step process can be broken down into the following.
- Pick Your Topic – Decide what you are going to blog about. Try to make it as niche specific as possible so you can become the authority and source for whatever it is you are blogging about.
- Create Your Avatar – Your avatar is your target audience. The more you know about them, the better you can create content to their needs.
- Domain Name and Hosting – If you want to create a serious blog that is well respected and can make money down the road, invest a few dollars in domain name and premium web hosting.
- Content Creation – The content on your blog is what people are going to get value out of. Make sure it’s detailed, better than your competition and also has a call to action.
- Blog Launch – Once everything is in place, it’s time to launch your blog and get it live for the world to see!
- Content Promotion – It’s not enough to simply create content, you also need to focus on promoting it as well.
- Monetize – After you have a great looking site, with lots of high quality content and visitors coming in from search, social and other sources, then it’s time to think about a monetization plan and how you can turn your amazing content and loyal readers into a viable and long term business.
Now that you’ve walked through this seven-step process, you probably think it’s easier said than done. Remember, your blog is going up against another 300 million blogs! Take it serious and don’t rush into the launch of your next blog. The foundation and focus of your blog in its beginning stages is one of the most effective ways to find success a few weeks and months down the road.
Infographic provided by Blogging.orgDigital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community