So you’ve decided to add pay per click into your advertising strategy, but you aren’t quite sure what to do next. You may not know what to do, but you do know that you want to do it right.
So what’s the secret to PPC success? It’s no secret at all, actually. Just hard work.
But don’t worry. There are tools out there designed to help you get the most out of your PPC, and the eZanga investigative squad has returned to bring you four of the best tools to make your journey into the pay per click world a lucrative one.
Let’s say you want to gather all of the data necessary for your campaigns, but you don’t want to have 500 browser tabs open. That’s where SpyFu comes in. While they have a wide array of other tools, SpyFu has two products that are sure to help you optimize your PPC campaign:
- AdWords Advisor: SpyFu’s PPC campaign analysis helps you find the best keywords to bid on to improve your ROI. It also gives you the option of dropping low-performing keywords from your campaign with a negative match feature.
- SEO Sales Reporting: This feature helps you “put your best foot forward” with great website content. With this report, SpyFu will measure the value of your content by collecting data from clicks to your website. It will then determine how many of these clicks lead to more money in your pocket.
If you need to brush up on your PPC game, check out their blog. The folks at SpyFu regularly post the latests news from the world of paid search. Check these out, and you’re sure to be king (or queen) of the PPC mountain in no time.
SEMrush is definitely a site you want in your PPC toolbox. The site offers features aimed at optimizing your PPC campaigns by helping you see what others in your industry are doing, and why it’s working. So what exactly do they offer? Well, we’re glad you asked:
- Organic Research: They find the best keywords that your competitors are using, and helps you understand why they’re working for. If you want to know what’s working online and why, you should definitely check this out.
- Advertising Research: SEMrush accesses data from your competition’s budgets, keywords, and traffic volume to help you come up with a better strategy to get the most out of your campaign. It even finds new competitors that you may not already know about!
- Keyword Research: If you aren’t sure which keywords to bid on, try this. It finds keywords and phrases will help you best optimize your campaigns and get the most relevant clicks back to your website.
Think of WhatRunsWhere as the 007 of PPC. Why is it the best secret agent in the PPC game? It “spies on” and tracks of which ads are getting the most conversions, so it can give you tips on what to do to make your ads work even better!
Advertisers using it can monitor where their rivals are displaying their products, and keep track of which types of ads they’re using. It even snoops around to find out what is and isn’t working for their paid search, then it gives you that data so you can turn around and have the most successful PPC in the game!
If you really want to get serious in the world of paid search, then pay attention. I saved the best tool for last. comScore is the top gun for measuring analytics in PPC.
It lets users see what traffic is being driven to their websites and from where. They learn what sites are benefitting advertisers most, as well as where they could cut costs by removing ads from that site entirely, and focusing those funds elsewhere. It’s great because it gives advertisers a better idea of which publishers they should work with, and gives publishers more insight into what they need to do to get those advertisers’ business.
Your PPC toolbox is definitely getting full, because now you have four of the best tools to get your pay per click advertising off the ground and running at full force.
What are you using to optimize your paid search?Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community