How many times have you checked your email today? Now think about how many times you’ve opened, read, clicked and deleted emails throughout the day as well. This is a perfect example of how effective email marketing is today. Billions of people around the world are actively checking their email several times throughout the day… resulting in endless clicks, site visitors, customer sales, lead acquisitions and much more.
The crazy thing about email is that it’s been around for decades and it’s still just as important today as it was back then. Millions of brands and businesses around the world rely on email to drive new customers and sales to their businesses daily. However… is email marketing really still as effective today as it was in previous years?
This is a question that many brands and advertisers continue to ask themselves on a daily basis. The truth is, email marketing is still the best way to increase engagement and get a response from your audience almost immediately. Even with mobile usage on the rise, email should still be a priority — especially if you are doing any type of online retargeting advertising where you can target your audience based on their email address. There is simply no better way to create follow-up campaigns with high conversions and minimal costs.
With all of that being said, to further stress the importance of email marketing let’s take a look at some industry stats through the 37 Email Marketing Stats infographic below by AfterOffers.com.
37 Email Marketing Stats to Blow Your Mind!
With email marketing being such a hot topic, leading data management and marketing companies are always releasing new data reports and studies based off their findings. I’ve listed a few of my favorite stats below
- 56% of companies currently use an email marketing provider and are 75% or more likely to be purchasers of marketing automation software over the next year. – VentureBeat
- Automated email messages average 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages. – Epsilon Email Institute
- Over 75% of email revenue is generated by triggered campaigns, rather than one-size-fits-all campaigns. Automated email campaigns account for 21% of email marketing revenue. – DMA
- Companies who send automated emails are 133% more likely to send relevant messages that correspond with a customer’s purchase cycle. – Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups
- Though the number of new Internet users is growing at less than 10% per year, the number of new smartphone subscribers is growing at a 20%+ rate. – TechCrunch
- One out of every three clicks within an email occurs on a mobile device. – Campaign Monitor
- Only 39% of online retailers send personalized product recommendations via email. – Certona
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. – McKinsey
Now that you’ve seen some of the mind blowing email marketing stats from leading data management and marketing companies around the world, don’t throw email marketing out the window too quickly. Yes, mobile marketing is getting a lot of attention these days… but email is still killing it!
Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community