In May, the top spot from Clash of Clans generated more than 87 million views.
YouTube’s ad leaderboard for June saw significantly fewer views compared to May, with last month’s top ad — YouTube’s own #MoreThanARefugee — only generating a total of 16.8 million views.
The No. 1 ad in May, from Clash of Clans, earned 87.7 million views. It’s worth noting that the top 10 ads in May generated a total of 115 million views, the bulk of which were owned by “Clash of Clans.”
The total views for June’s top 10 ads amounted to only 51.1 million views — but views were much more evenly distributed between the ranking ads compared to May.
June’s No. 1 spot was the result of a partnership between YouTube and the International Rescue Committee, a humanitarian relief organization, and included refugee stories produced by well-known YouTube creators like The Young Turks and Tyler Oakley.
YouTube actually earned two spots on its leaderboard last month, with its #ProudToBe video supporting Pride Month ranking No. 4 with 4.6 million views.
Other big brands to make the list include Microsoft’s XBox, Apple, Audi and Foot Locker.
Supercell — the makers behind the Clash of Clans games — sneaked its game, “Hay Day,” in at No. 3 with 7.2 million views. Clash of Clans’ “Welcome to the Builder Base” edged in at No. 10 — winning only 1.7 million views, 86 million fewer than it won in May.
Top 10 ads on YouTube in June
1. YouTube: #MoreThanARefugee (16.8M Views)
2. XBox One X: E3 2017 World Premier 4K Trailer (9.3M Views)
3. Hay Day: 360 Hug, (7.2M Views)
4. YouTube: #ProudToBe | Celebrate Brave Voices this Pride (4.6M Views)
5. Best Fiends: Boot Camp (2.9M Views)
6. Audi: Driver’s Test | Spider-Man Homecoming (2.4M Views)
7. Disney: Moana as Told by Lego Mini Movie (2.4M Views)
8. Apple: WWDC 2017 | APPOCALYPSE (1.98M Views)
9. Foot Locker: Father’s Day (1.9M Views)
10. Clash of Clans: Welcome to the Builder Base (1.7M Views)
According to YouTube, the 51.1 million views earned by the top 10 ads in June accounted for 46.6 million minutes of watch time.