— August 18, 2017
Managing digital marketing campaigns can be exciting and dynamic, but there’s also a risk it can start to wear you down. Online marketing is hugely time and resource intensive. If you aren’t careful, campaigns that are started with passion, creativity and fresh ideas can end up feeling stale.
If you’re experiencing a dip in creativity and enthusiasm, it’s time to hit the reset button. Here are a handful of useful tactics you can employ to help you keep your eyes on the prize and your passion for your work intact…
- Automate. When you’re bogged down in the daily grind of routine tasks and admin, it’s easy to lose your enthusiasm for what you’re doing. Automation tools for social media are a great way to free up more of your valuable time. Automate the routine, while you focus on the bigger picture.
- Change up your team. Adding a fresh voice to the mix is a great way to ensure your campaigns remain relevant and dynamic. A new person brings enthusiasm and new ideas, as well getting the existing team thinking in a different way.
- Step back and look at strategy. As a digital marketer, strategy underpins everything you do. If there are tasks you do every day, but you’ve lost sight of why you do them – it’s time to revisit the strategy. Be brutal and prune away unnecessary tasks and actions, refocusing on your key goals and orienting everything you’re doing towards achieving them. This can give you and the team a real motivational boost.
- Take your foot off the sales pedal every once in a while. In social media marketing in particular, only posting ‘hard sales’ content can cause problems for both the marketer and the target audience. This isn’t the only way to engage customers. In fact, it can be off-putting to many. Crucially, it isn’t much fun for the marketer either. Try adding an element of creativity and experimentation into your current strategy. Changing things up can reinvigorate your own efforts and really make your audience sit up and pay attention.
- Get back in the training room. There are lots of ways in which a digital marketing training course can help you with your current ennui. Training can remind you of what you love about marketing in the first place, as well as the best practice that helps you achieve your goals. Alternatively, you can head back into the classroom to learn a brand new skill. This can give your campaigns a whole new facet, as well as improving your skill set.