As one of the most important B2B social media platforms, LinkedIn can help you attract more eyes on your business. At the moment, it is one of the most popular social networks for professionals and one of the top social networks overall.
If you want to create a LinkedIn marketing strategy, like on any other social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), you must know what people want to see there, what they are more willing to like, comment and share.
Before starting a content plan, ask yourself:
- What’s the type of content primarily used on LinkedIn
- To what type of posts people usually like and comment
- What are other brands posting
To help you discover the answers to all these questions and more, at Socialinsider, we conducted a LinkedIn study through which we have tried to uncover which are the best practices aimed to boost a brand’s performance on this social media platform in 2021.
If you are a big fan of the platform, here’s what you should know:
- The average engagement rate per post on LinkedIn is 0.35%
- You can get higher engagement values by using more images for small and large accounts, but for middle-sized accounts, videos perform better.
- 49% of the brand’s posts on LinkedIn are images and (38%) articles and 12% videos.
- Get people to comment more by posting more videos on large and middle-sized accounts and more images on smaller profiles.
- To get higher average impression rates, you should use more images for accounts with a maximum of 10K followers and videos for larger profiles.
But as a good friend of mine said: “The magic formula for your LinkedIn content does not exist. Have the courage to figure out how you can add tremendous value to your audience and what type of content they prefer— you have to test test test.”
To better understand the key insights of the study, here’s a nice infographic.