Choosing the right Instagram captions for Christmas is crucial if you want to capture people’s hearts during the most wonderful time of year. Sure, your pictures and videos will initially be what grabs the attention of your target audience, but it’s the captions that often stick with them.
With so many pictures of beautiful scenery, delightful décor, fantastic food, and meaningful family moments to share, the holidays are a great time to let your creative side shine on Instagram.
Today, we’re going to make sure you never run out of festive flair, with a selection of the top 50 Instagram captions for Christmas.
You’re free to steal as many as you like, think of them as our gift to you!
Top 50 Instagram Captions For Christmas You Can Use
To help ensure you maintain the right vibes this holiday season, we’ve split our selection of amazing Instagram captions for Christmas up into a few different segments.
This way, you can always find the caption most likely to suit your latest shot. We’ll be looking at cute Instagram captions for adorable photos, captions inspired by songs, quotes, and movies, and even a few funny captions too.
Cute Instagram Christmas Captions
- There’s #Snow place like home…
- We’re just a bunch of candy canes, sweet and slightly twisted
- ‘Tis the season to sparkle
- Ready for a long Christmas nap
- Already listening for reindeer hooves on the roof
- Dreaming of a white Christmas
- The holly to my jolly
- My favorite color is Christmas lights
- Eat, drink, and be cozy
- Spreading holiday cheer year after year
Instagram Christmas Captions Inspired By Songs
- Holidays are joyful; there’s always something new. But every day’s a holiday when I’m near to you.
- “If there is love in your heart and your mind, you will feel like Christmas all the time.”
- After all, there’s only one more sleep ‘til Christmas
- Feeling Christmas all around, and I’m trying to play it cool.
- The party’s on; the feeling’s here that only comes this time of year.
- There’ll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting, and caroling out in the snow
- I don’t know if there’ll be snow, but have a cup of cheer
- Next year, I could be just as good if you check off my Christmas list
- Hurry down the chimney tonight
- Oh, all these things and more, darlin’, that’s what Christmas means to me, my love.
Funny Instagram Christmas Captions
- Reminder: I am a present
- Most days: Slay, December days: #Sleigh
- Merry #Elfin Christmas
- I’m dreaming of a white
- All the jingle ladies put your hands up
- Can’t wait to exchange all these presents
- The tree isn’t the only thing getting lit this year
- Single and ready to jingle
- Christmas cheer? I thought you said Christmas beer…
- All I want for Christmas is you food.
Christmas Quote Instagram Captions
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.”
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
- “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance — each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon.”
- “The joy of brightening other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays.”
- “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.”
- “Love the giver more than the gift.”
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”
- “As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year.”
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”
- “Freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin—inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.”
Christmas Instagram Captions Inspired By Movies
- “Eureka! This year, Christmas will be ours!”
- “But for now, let me say. Without hope or agenda. Just because it’s Christmas. And at Christmas you tell the truth. To me, you are perfect.”
- “It’s Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive.”
- “Christmas isn’t just a day; it’s a frame of mind.”
- “Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant.”
- “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?”
- “What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?”
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”
- “Some people are worth melting for.”
- “That’s what Christmas memories are made from. They’re not planned, they’re not scheduled, nobody puts them in their Blackberry. They just happen.”
Examples Of Brands Marketing On Instagram For Christmas
If there’s one time of the year brands really pull out all the stops on Instagram, it’s usually around the Christmas season. The best Instagram captions for Christmas will get you on the right path to a memorable campaign this holiday season. However, if you’re still looking for some extra inspiration, check out some of these examples of brands making the most of the holidays:
Oreo is no stranger to rolling out amazing content on Instagram, every time of year. For one of its holiday celebrations in December 2018, Oreo used an animation to showcase one of its new products. The campaign was also a fantastic “shoutout” to the people who would be driving around the US to visit loved ones and members of the family during the festive season.
This was a fantastic opportunity for Oreo to show off its festive side. The use of animation also made the cookie brand’s personality a little more endearing for the season. The use of the #roadtrippers hashtag was also an intelligent way for Oreo to get in front of more customers during the holidays.
Every year, Starbucks rolls out a selection of exclusive drinks just for the festive season. These beverages are often highly sought-after, and some even end up selling out within a couple of weeks (or days). The “red cups” are a common appearance on Starbucks Instagram feed, along with new hashtags for people to use when sharing their own festive drinks.
For 2021, Starbucks introduced the return of the red cups in November, getting people in the festive spirit with a quick, engaging video, similar to a TikTok clip. The creative video is a great, fast-paced way to grab people’s attention, while the branded hashtag ensures Starbucks has plenty of access to new user-generated content.
Christmas is a great time for businesses to get customers excited about the idea of giving some festive presents. It’s a time to show off your latest products, share some deals, and even highlight what makes your brand special. Cluse shows a great example of this in their 2019 Christmas post. Not only does this Instagram snap look brilliant, but the caption is packed with branded hashtags for customers to share.
To make this campaign even more impressive, Cluse didn’t make itself, but chose an image from an influencer/customer instead. The photo by @si_sichen seems so much more authentic coming from a genuine consumer of Cluse products.
Choose The Right Caption This Christmas
As important as it is to get your pictures and videos right during the festive season, don’t underestimate the importance of the right Instagram captions for Christmas. A good caption is a chance to connect with your followers, share your fun side, and even generate engagement when used correctly.
Consider sprucing your Instagram captions up with some emojis if you want to make sure they stand out. Or why not add a branded hashtag into the mix to generate some great user-generated content for your next campaign? With a little luck, our Instagram captions above will have given you the inspiration you need, now it’s your turn to go and create some Christmas magic.