Remote jobs are increasingly common and they are becoming easier to find. Many companies now offer full- or part-time remote working options. Remote work can be especially great for parents, caregivers, freelancers, or wanderers.
If you’re ready to take the plunge into telecommuting, where should you look? Here are some of the top resources for finding trusted remote jobs online.
- FlexJobs is the leading remote job source on the web. Users create a profile and can view and apply thousands of remote or flexible jobs across all industries. FlexJobs vets the positions for you, so you don’t have to worry about quality. Users pay a small membership fee, starting at just $ 15/month, to apply to these opportunities. That’s a very reasonable price to find your dream job.
- The AngelList directory is full of startups looking for their next key hire. When searching, make sure to enter “Remote” as your location to filter for the work-from-anywhere jobs. Start up companies are typically more open to flexible working arrangements and can be a great fit for someone looking for an exciting and tech-savvy work environment.
- Indeed claims to be the world’s largest job site. So of course they have remote jobs available as well. Simply enter your location as “Remote” (or click the link above) to begin remote work search. Indeed’s depth of job listings is it’s true strength and users can apply for many positions directly through the site.
- As we all know, Craigslist can be hit or miss. You may have to sort through hundreds of listings to find a handful of legitimate remote opportunities, but they can be diamonds in the rough, especially if you are looking for part-time or freelance projects. Make sure to drill down to your industry or skillset before searching for more targeted results.
- Looking for a copywriting, blogging, or social media gig? Contena is your best bet. They sort listings based on topic and industry, type of gig (full-time, part-time, or contract), and pay rate. They also offer personalized coaching sessions and Contena Academy, featuring online courses to help you start your own writing business.
- PowerToFly helps women in tech find rewarding, remote positions at leading companies. Set up your profile, interview, and off you go!
- Sign up for Working Nomad’s newsletter to have curated remote jobs delivered to your inbox. At Working Nomad, only the best remote jobs even make the list, saving you time sifting through listings. They focus on development, design, marketing, and more.
While working remotely isn’t for everyone, it’s increasingly possible for positions in all fields. Remote communication is easier than ever. It’s also a great option for anyone looking to supplement their income during nights and weekends. Try working from home and you may never go back!Business & Finance Articles on Business 2 Community