How effective is your SEO partner? Today on Search Engine Land, contributor Neil Patel shares his thoughts on how to tell the good from the bad.
These days, most businesses with a website recognize that search engine optimization (SEO) is key to getting discovered online, but not all have the resources to handle SEO in-house. Thus, outsourcing search engine optimization to an expert is not only smart, but necessary for many businesses.
Unfortunately, not all SEO practitioners are created equal. But without a strong working knowledge of search, how can you tell a good agency (or consultant) from a bad one?
In my column on Search Engine Land today, I note several red flags which may signal that it’s time to fire your SEO partner:
- They don’t explain their process.
- You notice an increase in spammy backlinks.
- They can’t explain or don’t adapt to algorithm changes.
- They have a poor reporting platform.
- They provide no strategic consultation.
- They’re a one-trick pony.
Want to learn more? Check out the full column on Search Engine Land:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.