— July 18, 2018
“Why should my business be on social media? I do feel it’s important, but is it really that important?
or “It’s so much work. I don’t know where to begin.”
Does this sound familiar?
I hear this so often and just recently had this conversation with some business owners at a networking meeting.
So I thought I would share my thoughts and hopefully this will help you.
Here’s the thing: I believe that social media for business is no longer an option!
No matter what industry your business is in, a strong social media presence offers tremendous opportunity for your business, that can really make a huge impact.
Did you know that social media users can check their accounts as many as 17 times a day. That’s crazy! (Pew Research Center)
There are now 3 billion people using social networks across the globe.
Top Benefits of Using Social Media for Business
Here’s my list of the TOP benefits that you will experience by using social media for your business:
- Raise awareness of your products and/or services
- Build an engaged community of fans and customers
- Drive visitors to your website
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase leads
- Boost sales
- Increase Search Engine ranking
- Be visible
- Stay top on mind
- Position you as a leader in your niche
- Increase communication with your customers
- Attract new opportunities
- Give better customer experience
- Engage 1-on-1 with your audience AKA direct access to customers!
By consistently posting on social media you see these results.
…Keep your content entertaining and informative. Content that engages, helps, educates and delights your audience is key.
Your followers will be glad to see your new content in their feeds, keeping you top of mind so you’re their first stop when they’re ready to make a purchase or use your services.
…Good content is the infrastructure of your social media outreach!
To create good content you need a strategy and plan that will help you:
- Be consistent [this is key!]
- Create well thought out, valuable content
- Plan time-sensitive content
A plan will make you:
- Get organized
- Feel in control
- Free up your time
Content creation and consistent posting doesn’t have to be a struggle. It can be easy, if you follow a plan.
Done right, you WILL see results on social media. I promise.