— March 20, 2018
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is without a doubt a powerful digital marketing strategy to gain traction in the online world. Over the years, it has seen many changes – such as the shift from exact match keywords to long-tail search terms – that have influenced the way businesses to optimize their websites. However, despite it being one of the pillars of today’s marketing industry, some people believe that SEO has seen its glory days and is now slowly losing its impact.
However, many studies and research say otherwise. Organic search – which is the website top traffic source – is at an all-time high. In fact, a recent report from MarketingProfs shows that 43% of website traffic was driven by search rankings in the 3rd quarter of 2017. This is in line with another statistic which states that 70-80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic listings.
Whether you believe that SEO is critical to your site’s success or believe that it is “kind of important” to your marketing campaigns – there is no denying that this strategy, if employed properly, holds the key to ranking high in search engines for more years to come. If you are not convinced yet, here are the key takeaways from the infographic from Digital Marketing Philippines which details the seven reasons SEO still matters in 2018.
- SEO is still the most significant driving force behind website traffic.
- People are relying on searches more than ever to make decisions.
- Organic results are clicked more than paid search results.
- Mobile advancements are making it easier to do searches.
- Marketers are becoming increasingly satisfied with SEO.
- Budget allocation for SEO is expected to grow until 2020.
- SEO functions strongly with other forms of digital marketing.
Check out the infographic below to learn more.
Embedded from Digital Marketing Philippines (original image source)