If you are searching for a product and/or service on someone else’s website, what you actually searching for? Well, the most basic thing is that you have a problem and you are looking to the other person to solve that problem. It is the “WIIFM?” concept. WIIFM is defined as “What’s In It For Me?”
Your effective approach
It is important that you keep in mind (at all times) that it doesn’t matter how wonderful you or your business are. All that matters is that you are capable of solving the other person’s problems. If you can do that, you will be well on your way to building a meaningful relationship with that person and they will (most likely) become your client in the future. Just as you were searching on someone else’s website to solve whatever problem you were experiencing, it is the exact same thing for the other person who is searching on your website for some kind of help. That is exactly why your website has to be everything that it should be (and then some). It is an extremely powerful tool and it is probably the only tool that is exclusively unique to you.
You may be wondering at this point what information you need to have on your website. It will be effective information that is important and relevant to the other person who is searching and ends up coming to your website. The elements that your website should contain are:
- Your introduction
- Address potential objections from your visitors
- Showcase your talents
- Position you as a subject matter expert (SME)
Those are the important elements of your homepage; however, it is often easier said than done when it comes to your actually incorporating those elements into your homepage in a way that is really, really effective. If you put yourself into the shoes of your homepage visitor, it will become clear to you that there are certain questions about your business that must be asked and answered.
- What does your business and your brand offer? After taking a look at your homepage, it should be abundantly clear to the visitor what you are selling. If it isn’t, you have done something wrong and you need to fix it pronto! An important rule of thumb when it comes to your website visitors is that you need to make it extremely quick and easy for them to find the information that they are looking for. Your information about your brand and your offerings should be clear and concise. Your objective is that you want your website visitor to feel as though you are the absolute best person to give them the information that they need. It is not safe for you to assume that the person necessarily understands what he or she is looking for. However, it is your job to convince that person (through your website content) that they want and need what you are offering. Your unique selling proposition (USP) should be crystal clear and there should be no room for doubt.
- What is your edge? It may very well be the case that many other people have businesses in which they sell the same products and/or services that you sell. However, it is your job to convince them why your offerings are better for them. You need to have something that is unique and fresh and really stands out and compels the other person to want what you are offering. In short, you need t0 have an edge. Let’s face it, there are very few businesses and business owners with products and/or services that absolutely nobody else in the universe is offering. If that were the case, it would be very easy for you to sell as much as you want and as often as you want.
- Have you successfully become trustworthy in the eyes of the other person? The bottom line is that nobody but nobody will do business with you if they don’t trust you. Would you? It is important to remember, however, that trust doesn’t happen automatically. It must be earned. Once you have been able to accomplish that, everything else will fall into place.
- Have you given the other person the ability to reach you? In other words, have you given them a call-to-action? This concept is so simple yet it is something that you, as a business owner, can’t do without. If you don’t provide the other person with a way to connect with you, you will not be able to get anywhere. Not only do you need to provide them with a way to connect with you but you must also make it extremely simple for them to do so.
If your homepage is effective, it will achieve results that you want it to achieve. It will convince your visitor that you have what they are looking for, that you can solve their problems, and that you can be trusted. Make sure that you examine your homepage (and the rest of your website) carefully from time to time to make sure that it is exactly what you need it to be. It must be consistently friendly and very informative at all times. One last thing to keep in mind is that if you do it correctly, your business’s reputation will be so strong that people will know about what you are doing and will want to learn more about you and your business.Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community