Content management systems (CMS) are becoming increasingly popular among businesses trying to build cost-effective websites. As of now, it’s fair to say that WordPress is the leading CMS in Canada and far ahead of its competitors. The reasons are rather obvious – WordPress is extremely easy to use, offers a great deal of customization, and comes with various unique features. Are you based in Canada and building a website on WordPress? In that case, you must be looking for the best WordPress hosting service in Canada.
In this guide, we look into various WordPpress Hosting Canada providers and carefully evaluated them in terms of pricing, features, pros, cons, speed and uptime. Read on to find the best canadian WordPress hosting services.
Top 10 WordPress Hosting Services in Canada
After careful research, we chose the following as the best WordPress hosting in Canada:
- Convesio: Best WordPress Hosting Canada
- Web Hosting Canada: Best Local WordPress Hosting
- WP Engine: Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- Google Cloud: Best Free WordPress Hosting
- GreenGeeks: Cheapest WordPress Hosting
- GoDaddy: Most Popular WordPress Hosting Service
- SiteGround: Fastest Hosting Service in Canada
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Best Web Hosting for WordPress
- AliTech: Best Cheap WordPress Hosting
- HostGator: One of the Oldest WP Hosting Services
Best WordPress Hosting Canada – Compared
Having listed the tools above, let us now take a more detailed look into each of Canada’s top 10 hosting services and weigh the options.
1. Convesio: Best WordPress Hosting Canada
Founded in 2018 by Tom Fanelli, Convesio easily tops the list in terms of reliability and features and is perfect for critical projects that require flawless uptime. This Docker-based WordPress web hosting service is highly scalable and designed to help clients scale their WordPress sites even without a server admin.
Some of Convesio’s features that deserve a special mention are:
- Load balancer containers run duplicate instances of a website and distribute the traffic to reduce load.
- The load-balancer containers would deploy an active instance of your website immediately in case it goes offline for any reason.
- Convesio uses powerful MySQL servers to power WordPress websites.
- This hosting provider uses a robust security system to protect client websites.
Here is an idea of how much it would cost you to host a website on Convesio:
- Level 1 (Starter): $ 50 per month
- Level 2 (Business): $ 150 per month
- Level 3 (Business): $ 300 per month
- Level 4 (Business): $ 600 per month
- Level 5 (Enterprise): $ 1,000 per month
- Level 6 (Enterprise): $ 1,600 per month
- Level 7 (Enterprise): $ 2,400 per month
- 100% uptime
- Excellent page speed
- Seamless scaling
- A 1-month free trial
- Frequent backups
2. Web Hosting Canada: Best Local WordPress Hosting
Set up in 2003 by Emil Falcon, this is a hosting service provider based primarily in Canada. Over the last two decades, WHC has earned the reputation of being one of the most reliable Canadian WordPress hosting services, with centers in Northern and Southern Canada.
The most notable features of WHC include:
- You can get a dedicated IP on the enterprise plan.
- The support team is available 24×7, speaks multiple languages, and is quite helpful.
- Additional business services like SEO and email marketing campaigns are available too.
- Web hosting Canada offers excellent security for all the servers.
Web hosting Canada offers three different plans aimed at customers with varying requirements:
- WP Go: $ 3.09 per month
- WP Pro: $ 3.11 per month
- WP Beast: $ 9.43 per month
- Affordable pricing
- Unlimited disk space
- Fast loading speed
- Locally located HQ
- Free trials for additional business services
- No free trial is available for the hosting service
3. WP engine: Best Managed WordPress Hosting
WP engine was founded by Jason Cohen in 2010. If you are looking for managed WordPress hosting dedicated to hosting WordPress sites, WordPress hosting is hands-down your best option. However, this hosting service is pricier than its rivals since its managed hosting comes with various added services. You would also receive specialized support for your WordPress site.
Key features that make this managed WordPress hosting Canada notable are:
- WordPress users get various additional services.
- The server stack is designed and optimized for WordPress dedicated hosting.
- WP Engine’s team would test your website after every WordPress update
- E-commerce sites can avail specially dedicated business features.
The pricing plans for this Canada WordPress hosting are as follows:
- Managed WordPress (Startup): $ 20 per month
- Managed WordPress (Professional): $ 39 per month
- Managed WordPress (Growth): $ 76 per month
- Managed WordPress (Scale): $ 193 per month
- eCommerce solutions (Startup): $ 24 per month
- eCommerce solutions (Professional): $ 50 per month
- eCommerce solutions (Growth): $ 93 per month
- eCommerce solutions (Scale): $ 233 per month
For custom plans and advanced solutions, you would have to get in touch with the company and work out a suitable pricing plan.
- Highly secure
- Excellent performance
- Specialized support
- Free repair for hacked sites
- Seamless WordPress updates
- A bit costly
4. Google Cloud: Best Free WordPress Hosting
Launched in 2008, Google Cloud is your best bet if you are looking for a WordPress free hosting service. After all, Google is one of the leading IT giants, and it’s no surprise that their hosting services are comprehensive too.\
Google Cloud hosting offers several great features, like:
- You can choose from different hosting options, such as virtual machines, containers, and managed hosting.
- Google Cloud Free Tier would allow you to host your website for free, with limited features.
- Google WordPress hosting offers virtually limitless scalability.
While Google Cloud offers free WordPress hosting, you might want to purchase paid plans for various additional features. The plans start at $ 12.71 per month.
- High scalability
- Free hosting available
- 30 days of free trial for paid plans
- Flexible hosting options
- Quick deployment
- A limited number of smaller extensions supported
5. GreenGeeks: Cheapest WordPress Hosting
GreenGeeks was founded in 2008 by Trey with a vision to change the web hosting space. If you care highly about sustainability, you might like the fact that GreenGeeks deploys several eco-friendly measures, including wind power generation. Since GreenGeeks has a dedicated server in Canada, Canadian WordPress sites hosted here load very fast.
They also offer extremely cheap WordPress hosting, making GreenGeeks suitable for individual bloggers.
The most notable features of this WordPress hosting service are:
- GreenGeeks offers several hosting plans optimized particularly for WordPress.
- The plans come with a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
- Many of the plans include unlimited disk space.
- GreenGeeks has data centers around the world.
- While buying hosting for WordPress, you would get various freebies like free migration, domain, SSL certificates, etc.
GreenGeeks offers three budget-friendly pricing plans:
- Lite: $ 2.95/month
- Pro: $ 5.95/month
- Premium: $ 10.95/month
- High performance
- Cheap pricing
- 24X7 customer support
- Daily backups
- Very reliable with uptime
- No website staging
6. GoDaddy: Most Popular WordPress Hosting Service
GoDaddy is one of the oldest players in the industry – founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons. For quite a while, GoDaddy WordPress hosting has held its place as one of the most trusted hosting services for WordPress sites. The hosting service offers a number of great features that make it convenient for hosting WordPress sites. However, none of these are unique, and you would likely find similar features in different other hosting service providers too.
- GoDaddy has servers in three continents – Asia, Europe, and America. You can choose a server that is closer to your target audience.
- Beginners can enjoy pre-built websites and drag-and-drop editors.
- You would get a free business email for the first year after buying an annual hosting plan.
- Managed WordPress hosting GoDaddy would help you run the website smoothly.
The pricing structure of GoDaddy is as follows:
- Basic: $ 4.3/month
- Deluxe: $ 4.99/month
- Ultimate: $ 7.22/month
- Ecommerce: $ 18.40/month
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime
- Very responsive support
- Quick loading speed
- Fast setup
- PHP7.4 ready
- No software speed boosts
7. SiteGround: Fastest Hosting Service in Canada
SiteGround was set up in 2004 by Ivo Tzenov in Bulgaria. One cannot possibly overstate the importance of page loading speed. When hosting WordPress websites on SiteGround, you may stay assured of lightning-fast loading speed. In fact, even WordPress themselves recommend SiteGround for hosting WordPress sites.
- Available support options include a 24X7 support team, tutorials, and a knowledge base.
- SiteGround uses a custom WordPress plugin named SuperCacher to boost performance
- This hosting service uses various global servers
- You can use a CDN on SiteGround to get around the lack of a dedicated server in Canada
SiteGround offers three WP hosting plans:
- StartUp: $ 3.99/month
- GrowBig: $ 6.69/month
- GoGeek: $ 10.69/month
- Excellent speed
- Highly scalable
- User-friendly back-end
- Free SSL certificates
- Dedicated WordPress hosting
- Higher renewal price
8. Amazon Web Services (AWS): Best Web Hosting Canada WordPress
Started in 2006, AWS is currently one of the largest cloud computing companies globally, which makes AWS WordPress hosting a good choice for cloud web hosting. This fast WordPress hosting is highly scalable, and you would have a plethora of tools at your disposal to make necessary adjustments.
- AWS offers very flexible payment plans.
- Your WordPress site would be highly secure when hosted by Amazon Web services.
- This hosting service provider offers more than 200 different services that will help you immensely.
- AWS offers managed IT services too.
The cost of AWS WordPress hosting Canada varies a lot as AWS would charge only for the services you choose. However, here is an estimate of how much you may have to pay:
- Basic: $ 100 to $ 200 per month
- Intermediate: $ 250 to $ 600 per month
- Advanced: 600 to $ 2500 per month
- Extremely scalable
- Highly available
- Superb speed and agility
9. AliTech: Best Cheap WordPress Hosting
Bootstrapped in 2020, Alitech is a new player in the hosting industry. While seeking the best hosting for WordPress sites, being able to try out a hosting service first is extremely helpful. You can enjoy a trial period of 90 days on WordPress hosting AliTech, which is quite impressive. It should give you more than enough time to decide whether it is a suitable hosting service for you.
- The enhanced control panel on WordPress hosting worldwide AliTech offers an excellent interface.
- This hosting service offers dynamic and guaranteed resources.
- Your WordPress site would be protected by award-winning security systems.
AliTech charges the following rates:
- Bronze: $ 2.5 per month
- Gold: gold: $ 3.25 per month
- Titanium: $ 3.75 per month
- Very cheap plans
- Built-in Cloudflare CDN
- Multi-server management
- Long free trial period
- WooCommerce support
- Limited experience
10. HostGator: One of the Oldest WP Hosting Services
HostGator was founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley. If you prefer to keep your website on a veteran hosting service that has been around for a long time, HostGator offers the best WordPress hosting for you. One of the oldest hosting service providers, HostGator comes with budget-friendly plans that offer great features.
- HostGator offers unmetered bandwidth.
- Besides the 24×7 active support team, various blogs and a knowledge base are available too.
- When it comes to Canadian web hosting WordPress, HostGator is very reliable with uptime.
- For the first year, you would enjoy your domain for free.
HostGator offers affordable pricing plans, as follows:
- Starter plan: $ 5.95 per month
- Standard plan: $ 7.95 per month
- Business plan: $ 9.95 per month
- 99.9% uptime
- Amazing scalability
- Free website transfer
- Cheap pricing
- Excellent support
- No servers in Canada
How To Choose A WordPress Hosting Provider In Canada – What Features To Consider
If you want to develop a WordPress website or blog, one of the most important decisions you’ll have to make is which WordPress hosting provider to use. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of excellent web hosting companies to choose from. So how do you choose the right one for you?
Pricing and performance are undoubtedly the king and queen of this industry but don’t overlook aspects like customer service, ease of use, upsells, and more.
With that said, here are the key factors to consider when choosing a hosting company for your website that will help it grow in popularity and success.
Uptime refers to the amount of time your website is accessible to the public. If your website is constantly down, your current visitors will be unable to access it. You will also miss any possibility of attracting new clients and may even create a terrible reputation through word-of-mouth.
If your website has 100% uptime, your website is never down. Note that the industry average is 99.9% uptime, so do not settle for anything less. To avoid your site experiencing too much downtime, find a web hosting company that gives an outstanding uptime guarantee.
Storage space, server uptime SLA, bandwidth, the number of domains and email accounts available, control panel, and backup policy are excellent indicators for choosing a WordPress hosting service provider.
Custom themes and plugins, WordPress Multisite support, pre-installed WordPress, and free transfer of an existing WordPress are all WordPress specialized features that will act as catalysts for your growth. A few hosting companies also offer a free one-year domain when you sign up. Again, keep your personal needs in mind, and don’t become unidimensional and get caught up in the list of features.
Perhaps the most crucial factor when choosing a WordPress hosting plan is the price. You’ll obviously be tempted to choose the lowest, but remember that many low-cost hosting plans will fall short of your basic needs. A variety of factors determine the cost of web hosting, including, among other things, the quality of support and the health of servers.
However, keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for, so solutions with substantial advantages will come at a higher price. We suggest you start with a low-cost shared WordPress hosting company and then scale up as your website’s traffic and revenue expand.
Look for access management, an SSL certificate, a firewall, network monitoring, and automated backups and upgrades as far as security is concerned. You must select a hosting service capable of protecting your website from cyber-attacks. As a result, web hosting security is critical for any website, whether it’s a personal site where you only blog once in a while or a large-scale company site.
Though the security of your site is heavily dependent on how you build it, a reputable hosting company will play a significant role in keeping hackers at bay. Finally, your hosting company should provide you with a user access control system that allows only authorized persons to access your website’s administrative features.
Another factor to consider before settling on a web host is customer service. Indeed, one of the most valuable benefits of using a hosting service is that you will have access to a professional team to assist you anytime you require assistance.
Choosing a provider that gives consistent, high-quality customer service is always preferable. Even though many organizations claim to provide round-the-clock, high-quality service, they may take hours or days to respond to your query. Searching for customer evaluations or testimonials online is a fantastic approach to discovering web hosts who are likely to keep their promises.
Everything in today’s fast-paced world is measured in terms of speed. When choosing a hosting provider, be sure to go with the one that has the most server choices near you and your users. Customer happiness and the website’s rating will both improve due to this.
This will significantly impact the speed with which your website loads for your visitors. Websites with servers located outside a target consumer’s area are more likely to have timed out issues, discouraging potential clients from visiting the site, especially if the problem is frequent. Make sure you pick a host with local servers.
What Types Of WordPress Hosting Sites are Available in Canada?
Since WordPress is as popular as popular can get, picking which WordPress hosting type to choose for your website might be tricky. Ideally, you’d want something that’s suitable for your degree of technical expertise, quick and stable enough to handle your traffic, and flexible enough to adapt to your changing needs.
Shared hosting should do if you’re starting from scratch and most of your content is static. Suppose you require root access, need to run scripts, prefer an isolated hosting environment, or plan to host media assets. In that case, a VPS is an excellent choice since it provides the ideal combination of server privileges and cost.
Here’s a more in-depth look at each type:
Shared WordPress Hosting
Shared hosting is the most common and least expensive option, and it is preferred by new, expanding, and low-budget businesses. You will pay lower hosting rates since you’ll share a server with other users and websites.
Even though resources are shared, there’s no need to be concerned because only you will have access to your site’s files and MySQL databases. Shared hosting may be the best option for blogs, personal websites, and small enterprises with minimal traffic expectations.
Users who prefer the benefits of both shared and dedicated servers can choose VPS hosting, a hybrid solution. Virtual private server (VPS) plans are incredibly adaptable and expandable. Most VPS hosting plans charge you for the services that your website uses.
Although VPS hosting appears to be identical to shared hosting, it tags along more features, such as support for various software, privacy, and so on. VPS WordPress hosting is ideal for medium-sized businesses, intermediate designers, and high-traffic blogs.
Dedicated WordPress Hosting
As the name implies, a dedicated server will be dedicated solely to your needs. You will get full access to all of the server’s resources and total control over the hardware, software, and operating system you wish to use.
Dedicated hosting eliminates shared hosting’s flaws, improves performance, and provides a more stable environment. But there’s a catch: they’re usually quite pricey. Such hosting is only needed if your website receives exceptionally high traffic, to the point that it requires its own server to function correctly.
Managed WordPress Hosting for Canadians
If you want to develop a WordPress site with an optimized hosting server designed expressly to improve the performance of your WordPress site, you should look for a managed WordPress hosting provider.
These plans include assistance for one or more WordPress websites and site and data management, such as upgrades, security, and backups. Your hosting provider takes care of the technical side, probably the best solution for non-tech-aware people. This leaves you with all the time in the world to concentrate on growing your website’s popularity and producing great content.
|WordPress hosting Canada||Speed||Level of Traffic||Pros||Cons||Best For|
|Shared WordPress Hosting||Low||Low||Easy to set up
No need for technical
|Shared server resources with other sites
You can’t control performance issues
Lower uptime rates and slower loading times
This isn’t scalable
|Ideal for newbies and small websites|
|VPS Hosting||Medium to high||High||Dedicated server resources are available
Customizable server setups are available
Faster loading times and higher uptime rates
More affordable than a dedicated server
|Challenging to set up
There are limitations in terms of control
Shares the main server with other sites
|Perfect for sites with medium traffic|
|Dedicated WordPress Hosting||High||Very high||The server is completely under your control
There will be no resource sharing with other websites
High levels of security
High uptimes, fast load times, and top performance
Technical knowledge is required.
|Very high traffic websites since they require a lot of resources|
|Managed WordPress Hosting||High||High||Incredibly fast website speed
Automatic update and backup
Complete technical support
|Technical control is limited
Slightly more expensive than other low-cost alternatives
You can only use WordPress; no other platforms
|Everyone, depending on your hosting plan|
Conclusion: What Is The Best WordPress Hosting Site In Canada?
Phew! What a ride that was! So, all said and one, we now hope you have all the necessary know-how to zero in on the best WP hosting provider for your needs. If you’re still confused and want our advice, we suggest you go with our #1 pick, i.e., Convesio. It’s an extremely cost-effective option with 100% uptime and excellent backup and security functionalities to keep you on an ascending growth trajectory.
How much does it cost to develop a WordPress site?
The site type and your requirements determine the cost of a WordPress website. You can design your WordPress site for almost free, but the cost of web developers and other services can easily reach the five-figure mark.
Do I need WordPress hosting to launch a website?
You’ll need web hosting if you want to create a WordPress website. Your website files are kept on your hosting server. A web hosting company hosts every website you visit on the web.
Should I be concerned about the location of my hosting server?
Reputable WordPress hosting companies will often give you the option of selecting a specific data center. The closer your data is to you or your target audience, the faster and more dependable your website will be, so choose the data center closest to you or them.
Is it possible to switch WordPress hosting providers later?
Yes, you can move WordPress hosting companies if you’re unhappy with your current provider. Most WordPress hosting companies provide free migration services, making the procedure relatively easier.
Is CPANEL necessary to host WordPress?
No, but it sure makes things a lot easier in terms of setting up and maintaining email accounts on your domain, and so on. If you’re searching for a shared hosting plan for your website, we recommend opting for one that includes CPanel.