— May 22, 2018
As the weather gets warmer, everyone’s thoughts turn to fun in the sun. It’s difficult to get prospects and customers to pay attention to your emails, let alone get them to pay for your goods and services. But if you want to stay in business, your email marketing doesn’t get a summer vacation.
Don’t worry, we won’t let the big box stores kick sand in your eye this summer. We’ve got some hot takes to help you turn up the heat on your email marketing.
There’s more to summer email marketing than just the Fourth of July. Here’s a list of seasonal holidays and events to help you plan out your summer email campaigns.
- Early June: Graduations
- June 14: Flag Day
- June 17: Father’s Day
- June 21: The first official day of summer (and the longest day of the year)
- July 4: Independence Day
- Mid-August: Back to School (the unofficial end of summer)
- September 3: Labor Day
We don’t want your business to get burned this summer, so we’ve put together a list of 20 summer-themed email subject lines from other businesses to inspire your best sun-soaked ideas:
- Seas the Day | Swimwear365
- Let the sun shine, not your skin! | Shiseido
- Fire Up the Grill: Let’s Get This Summer Started! | Country Door
- Bright summer ahead: 40% off dresses | Express
- Soak up the sun & savings – up to 50% off | Hotels.com
- Sizzling Summer Sale | Up to $ 20 Off | Alibris
- Beyond the Beach Towel! 20+ New Styles | Swoozies
- Beach Me Up! Summer’s HOTTEST Swim Trends + Semi-Annual Savings | Bare Necessities
- Set SALE into Summer with 30% Off Apparel | Maisonette
- It’s Sunny Somewhere | Cuyana
- Grab up to 50% off* in our big summer sale | The Body Shop
- 3 Days Left on Hot Buys! | Costco
- It’s HOT out and so are these DEALS | Ashley Homestore
- Your Ticket to Summer Fun Starts With Thomas & Friends! | Mattel Shop
- Sip. Savor. Summer. | A Trio of Savings | Illy
- It’s melting, it’s melting! Save up to 75% NOW | Jockey
- You’re invited: July 4th Free Shipping! | Burlington Coat Factory
- A Swell Of Savings Coming Your Way… 80% Off Canvas! | Easy Canvas Prints
- Your new summer fling = these hot beauty buys | Sephora
- HOT OFF THE GRILL: 60% off summer styles | J.Crew Factory
For even more summer subject lines, we’ve got you covered.
And, because summer gets us all hot and bothered, here are 20 email subject lines — broken down by month — that you can personalize for your business to heat up your customers’ inboxes.
- We’ve got hot stuff waiting for you
- Hello, sunshine! Don’t you glare miss this deal!
- Flag down these savings
- Dads and grads are rad!
- To beach their own … exclusive coupon code!
- We’re all up in your grill with 50% off sitewide
- Don’t sweat it! We’ve got big savings for you
- Red, white and new deals
- Stars, stripes and sales
- Go Fourth and save!
- Star-spangled bargains — just for you
- Savings that make a splash
- Get ‘em while they’re hot
- We’re making waves with this sale
- We’ve got a shell of a deal just for you
- These deals are more than okay for vacay
- We won’t flip-flop on this deal
- Hot flash sale! 50% off everything
- Cool down with these sizzling deals
- Our prices are droppin’ like they’re hot
If you have a brick-and-mortar location, you may want to mention that your store has air conditioning. It might encourage customers looking for a break from the heat to visit your location, cool down — and do a little shopping while they’re there.
For more creative ideas all year long, check out our infographic, 12 months of inspiration for engaging with your email subscribers.