Do you want to know the best WordPress popup plugins to help you convert your website visitors to email subscribers and paying customers?
A report by Econsultancy shows that 50% of companies say conversion rate optimization is a crucial part of their digital marketing strategy, and that’s where popups play a big role.
Popup plugins are a wildly popular and effective way to grow your email list and collect leads on your website. But you need to choose the right one that won’t bloat your site or irritate your users.
So in this post, I’ve listed the 3 best WordPress popup plugins to skyrocket your conversions and sales. But first, let’s cover the criteria for a good popup plugin so you know what to look for.
Criteria for a Good Popup Plugin
The primary purpose of using popup plugins is to help you capture leads and grow your email list. Capturing email addresses is one of the best strategies to grow your business since you can send valuable content to your prospects and build a relationship with them.
And popups can help grow your email list like crazy when used correctly as an email opt form. For instance, a study by QuickSprout revealed that an opt-in form should have a maximum of three fields to get a conversation rate of 25%, which is an excellent rate.
However, popups configured the wrong way can irritate your visitors and ruin the user experience on your site. To avoid this, you need to be very selective about the popup plugin you pick.
What you should look for is that the popup plugin offers proper behavior interaction, targeting, personalization features, etc. These are features that allow you to ensure a good user experience while also ensuring maximum conversions.
3 Best WordPress Popup Plugins
Except for the above features, it’s also crucial to choose a plugin that won’t bloat your website and slow down the page load speed. As you already know, a slow site doesn’t provide visitors with a good user experience and can negatively affect your SEO and rankings in search engines.
But the popups listed below will help you avoid this and instead help you take your email subscribers and lead generation to the next level.
Icegram is a service that helps you create popups, email opt-ins, and engaging CTAs (Call-to-Action) buttons. It offers most things you need to grow your email list and boost conversions.
- Unlimited traffic: There’s no traffic limit, so you can keep using it as your website visitors grow.
- Cost: Icegram is free but offers premium addons with advanced features that cost money to use.
- Challenging to use: The user interface is hard to use since it lacks the popular drag and drop builder. Creating even a simple popup form can be a difficult task.
- Not the best templates: The free templates don’t look professional, which could turn visitors away.
- Limited options for targeting: Icegram only offers time-based targeting. It lacks a ton of options that premium popups have that could help you get more conversions.
Cost: Icegram is free, but also offers Premium addons ranging from $ 7 – $ 27.
2. Ninja Popups
Ninja Popups is a popular and easy-to-use popup plugin, which has lots of email marketing integrations. You can build simple popup forms using its drag and drop builder.
- User-friendly interface: The drag and drop builder makes it easy to create popup forms.
- Mobile ready: The popups are configured for mobile as well.
- Offers analytics: It provides analytics, and you can also use built-in A/B testing.
- Actively updated: The plugin is updated frequently to address any bug issues and new features.
- Limited options: The plugin only offers popups and no other options, for example, floating bars to maximize your conversions.
- Basic targeting: Ninja popups only offer basic targeting. For instance, they don’t have geo-targeting, UTM targeting, or other advanced targeting rules to help boost conversions.
- No free version: You have to pay for using this popup plugin.
Cost: Pricing starts at $ 26.
OptinMonster is a powerful lead generation software used by millions of WordPress websites.
The reason why it’s my absolute favorite is the Exit-Intent option that helps to convert abandoning visitors into subscribers and paying customers.
- User-friendly interface: The plugin’s easy-to-use drag and drop builder offers simple setup and customization of your popup forms.
- Exit-Intent: This function helps convert visitors about to leave your website into leads by displaying a targeted campaign right before they click away.
- Offers a wide selection of templates: OptinMonster provides a wide selection of pre-built templates to create professional campaigns.
- Advanced targeting: It comes with advanced display rules, such as referrer detection, geolocation, and more.
- Offers several campaign options: OptinMonster lets you build campaigns with floating notifications, lightbox popups, countdown timers, fullscreen welcome mats, etc.
- Advanced tracking: The plugin offers advanced Google Analytics tracking, and you can create analytics goals to choose precisely what you want to track.
- Support: OptinMonster has an active support team ready to answer all your questions.
- No free option: The only con with this plugin is that it doesn’t offer any free version.
Cost: OptinMonster pricing starts at $ 9 per month.
And there you have my 3 best WordPress popup plugins to boost conversions in 2021. I hope it helped you find the solution that best fits your needs, so you can grow your email list, get more leads, and take your sales revenue to the next level.