It’s time to re-evaluate and rebalance the digital approach for your company. Here are the Top Digital Branding & Marketing Trends for 2017 to watch for. The probing minds at the Borenstein Group, a Top B2B Digital Marketing and Branding Agency, have done the homework for you. Use it or lose it.
- Psych: It’s Your Data. Cognitive insights derived from advanced analytics will help marketers better understand and predict digital behavior.
- It’s Not What You Do, It’s Where You Do It. GPS-Based SEO overtakes keywords as mobile dominates search.
- It’s the Content, Stupid. Content Marketing will face an existential challenge as CMOs will demand hard conversion metrics that can be effectively communicated in the board room.
- You’ll Need a New Blue Pill to cure Connectile Dysfunction in content marketing. Marketers will struggle to develop and differentiate between authentic and relevant content and what robotically-generated marketing automation systems offer.
- You’re Mobile, Therefore You Are. Like the ways of the dinosaurs, desktops will continue to fade in favor of mobile ads, and websites will transform from a novelty in B2C to a main staple for all digital advertising.
- Social Media Could Become Really Rigged. Forget the days of authenticity-first. Most social media platforms will now focus on generating sponsorships and advertising which will make it impossible to discern the difference between an ad and a viral message.
- Hamburger Menus Aren’t Organic. Website branding will pose a major design challenge to industry in the fight between user experience and being mobile and desktop friendly.
- Are You a Robot? You Really Hurt My Feelings. Marketing automation systems without proper social engineering of users will perpetuate the feeling of bad customer service served by robots that only answer to the call of a transactional sales call. The human condition will devolve.
- Have You Heard the News? Nope, you’ve read it on Twitter first. Establishment News Networks will continue to lose ground in the battle with organic citizen journalism and fake news.
- Trust Me, It’s NOT Secure. As global cyber security attacks continue to rise, digital marketers will struggle with keeping consumer data safe and private as e-commerce and marketing automation opens new doors for crafty cyber-thugs.