As we start a new year, here is a look back at the world of social media. Keep these statistics in mind as you create your social media plan for 2017!
Social Media Demographic Statistics
1. 75% of male internet users are on Facebook as well as 83% of female internet users.
2. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
3. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
4. 29% of internet users with college degrees use Twitter, compared to 20% with high school degrees or less.
5. 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day.
6. Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old, about six-in-ten online adults.
7. 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook.
8. LinkedIn boasts more than 450 million user profiles.
9. On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of 18 to 34-year-olds in the US.
10. YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
Social Media Usage Statistics
1. Facebook continues to be the most widely used social media platform, with 79% of American internet users. Based on total population, (not just internet users) 68% of U.S. adults are on Facebook.
3. 76% of Facebook users visited the site daily during 2016, with over 1.6 billion daily visitors, compared to 70% of daily usage in 2015.
4. The average LinkedIn user spends 17 minutes on the site per month.
5. 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
6. Almost 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile.
7. Katy Perry has the most worldwide twitter followers, at 94.65 million.
8. Over 400 million snaps are shared on Snapchat per day, and almost 9,000 photos are shared every second.
9. Just 10 thousand YouTube videos have generated more than 1 billion views.
10. More than half of all YouTube views are on mobile devices.
Social Media Business Statistics
1. Instagram earns $ 595 million in mobile ad revenue per year, a rapidly increasing number.
2. Despite news of layoffs and executives leaving the company, Twitter’s revenue is up 8% YOY
3. 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved.
4. Over 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages.
5. 2 million business use to Facebook for advertising.
6. Facebook’s total revenue grew 56% in 2016, and advertising revenue grew 59%.
7. 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases.
8. 39% of LinkedIn users pay for monthly premium accounts.
9. Pinterest drives 25% of all retail website referral traffic.
10. More than 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform.
Social Media Content Statistics
1. Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than tweets without images.
2. 100 million food and 146 fashion boards exist on Pinterest.
3. On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate.
4. There are about 81 million fake Facebook accounts and about 5% of twitter accounts are bogus.
5. 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily.
6. More than 1 million LinkedIn users have published long-form content, with 160,000 long-form posts being published weekly. and over 19.7 million SlideShare presentations have been uploaded to the platform.
7. 88% of businesses with more than 100 employees use twitter for marketing purposes.
8. The user-submitted YouTube video with the most views is “Charlie bit my finger” with over 845 million views.
9. Pizza is the most widely instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
10. Blogging continues to grow, with over 409 million people viewing more than 23.6 billion pages each month on WordPress alone.
Our prediction for 2107? Messaging apps!
29% of smartphone users utilize general messaging apps, like Whatsapp, Viber, or Kik. As Facebook continues to test new methods for advertising through messenger, and customers demand a higher level of customer service, we predict that more brands will look to utilize messaging ads and applications in the year to come. Stay tuned…Digital & Social Articles on Business 2 Community