— May 14, 2019
Marketers face a common challenge of choosing between different methods of marketing their brand, and there are many different ways to market your brand. However, the two most common ways of getting visibility in the search engines are SEO and PPC.
Most brands have fixed budgets for marketing and based on your marketing goals; you may need to choose between either SEO or PPC.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a long-term technique that aims to get your website to rank higher in search results. This involves keyword research, link building, and content creation.
PPC, on the other hand, is a fast-track method of reaching the top of search results for a shorter duration. For this, you have to pay Google to display your ad above other search results.
To help you decide which one is the best for you, we’ve come up with a head-to-head comparison of SEO versus PPC for you.
- The main goal is to drive traffic. For that, the cost involved is that of creating and promoting content
- It’s a long-term strategy, and the results take a long time to show.
- It’s also a sustainable method of promoting your brand, and the results can remain for a long time without any more investment.
- An SEO strategy is something that’s not very easily imitable.
- The ROI of SEO is exceptionally high, and it has approximately a 65.7% click-through rate.
- The main goal, in this case, is to drive traffic as well. However, the cost involved is that of creating the content and the cost-per-click on the ad.
- It’s a short term strategy, and the results can be seen almost immediately.
- As it’s an advertising campaign, so it cannot be sustained without any more investment.
- The campaign is also reasonably easy to imitate if you have a similar target audience.
- The ROI is significantly less as the click-through rate is only 3.82% in this case.
However, choosing between the two is very subjective and depends on your end goal. There are more factors that you need to consider before choosing a method as well. Check out this infographic by SpyFu to learn more.