If you are looking for a way to make your company stand out from the rest, then you should consider creating a Google Business Profile. This profile allows businesses to showcase themselves and their products in an easily accessible way. In this blog post, I will cover what a business can do with their Google Business Profile and how you can create one.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool that helps business owners make their business’ site and relevant information (contact numbers, work hours) visible on Google searches or maps.
All you need to do is create a free Google My Business account and set up your business’ profile with the information you want to share in this tool. Through this account, you’ll be able to manage different types of information, such as:
- Website URL
- Working hours
- Contact information
- Products and services
- Post updates
- Online orders
- Customer interactions
How to Claim a Google Business
The process to claim a Google Business profile is straightforward. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Part 1: Create a Google Business account
- Access Google My Business and Log in or create an account (use your business email domain if possible)
- Fill in all the information requested about your business (name, category, service area)
- Add the contact information, business address, website, and phone number
Part 2: Find your business in Google Maps
- Go to Google Maps and check if your business is listed there by doing a simple search.
- If you found your business, go to step 5. If you can’t find your business, you need to add it to this tool following the next steps.
- Click on “add a missing place” and fill out the form with all the info about your business.
- After submitting this information, you’ll receive an email confirmation from Google (it takes about 24 hours) with the link to your listed business. Click on it.
- On the left side of the map, open the menu options and click on “Claim my business.”
- Fill out the required information and change or update all info that is not correct (if there are any)
- If you created this listing through “add a missing place”, you’re good to go. If not, you’ll need to confirm that you are really the owner of the business you are claiming.
Part 3: Verify business claiming
Verifying if the business you’re claiming is yours is very simple and quick. You can do it in three ways:
- If you have your business set up at Google Search Console, just take a look at the verification button on the dashboard
- You can choose to send a verification code to the phone number added to the business profile. It can be via SMS or phone call
- You can also ask Google to send a code through your business email or physical address (via postcard)
Why do I need a Google My Business Profile?
There are a lot of good reasons to add your business to a Google My Business account. This tool not only allows you to manage your business online presence and information but also helps you on a lot of other significant digital activities, such as:
- Interact directly with your customers by answering their comments and reviews
- Publish posts to support the business content and social media activities
- Track and analyze how your customers interact with your profile
- Create campaigns for potential leads that interacted with your business page
- Provide better connection and communication channels to your customers
- Help users easily find your physical location (if you have one)
- Boost your local SEO activities, ranking better in search results for your location
FAQ on Google Business
How much does it cost to claim a business on Google?
Nothing. Claiming your business on Google my Business is free, and you don’t have to pay any subscription or monthly fee to have a profile on that platform.
Is Google Business Free?
Yes. Google Business is a free tool offered by Google, like any other digital tool Google has in its portfolio.
How do I register my business on Google for free?
To register your business on Google for free, all you have to do is sign up or log in to Google My Business’ website and create an account.
What is the difference between Google and Google my Business?
Google is a search engine used by anyone to conduct searches about any topic they want to find an online answer to. Google My Business is a tool that helps business owners add relevant information about their businesses to the Google index. Google bot will use this information as one of the sources to provide answers to user queries.
Google My Business is a simple and helpful way for businesses to make themselves available for online searches – and to be easily found by all types of people and customers. You can use this tool to make your online strategies more powerful, dragging more people to visit your website or physical locations.
Does your business already have a Google Business profile page? What do you think about this tool? Let me know!